I have been feeling so nostalgic recently.
I don't know what's causing it but I have bene picking up a lot of cards recently that focus on that.
Cards such as 90's inserts/parallels, favorite players growing up and even some flashback cartoons for me that I enjoyed.
One set that I felt I had to complete was the 1989 Topps Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles stickers. I was a HUGE TMNT fan in the 80's and 90's between the cartoon series and the two movies. We will ditch the third one, that was bad.
I found the stickers to be really cool mostly because of the yellow, despite how much I can't stand it on 1991 Fleer, its what brings these to life.
It took me a few weeks and a few trades, but I pulled it off. One sticker that was tough to land was Sticker #10 which is the one I am starting off with.
This one was actually the last one I needed to complete the set and thanks to @TheRealOmegaDad I was able to complete it. He RAK'd me this one.
Here are the rest,
If you flip the cards over, altogether they create a cool puzzle:
The back of Splinter helps show us what the puzzle looks like for those of us who can't do puzzles. Raise your hand if you can't because I have both of my arms up high.
Now I am hoping to do the base set as well and I am miles away from it. Just another set goal I can add to my list. I really need to just make a list of sets I want and see if any of you have them available.
In comments today, let me know your favorite turtle. Mine is and always has been Leo. I grew up as Leo. I also like Shredder and Baxter Stockmon for my villains. We all have a favorite villain.
Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!
*Coffee Card Blogger Out*
Matt send me the TMNT list in an email Ill check with my guys at Rocket if they can help you out they have a bunch of them
ReplyDeleteMy list is probably all. I think I might have two which are buried deep in boxes I probably won't have time to get to.
DeleteTopps did a great job with this sticker set design. I already have way too many set builds going on to start another one... but I'll keep an eye out for an affordable set on eBay.
ReplyDeleteLeo would be my favorite. Didn't really watch a lot of TMNT cartoons... but I liked the fact that he had two swords and blue is my favorite color.
DeleteGreat choice on Leo!
DeleteYes, these look amazing!
Puzzles are not my strong point either. TMNT is enjoyed in my house from time to time. I've never watched it. I really enjoy pizza! Turtle Power!! Enjoy it all.
ReplyDeleteYou should give it a watch sometime, you never know!
DeleteMichaelangelo cause he's a party dude!
ReplyDeleteHe's my second favorite!
Delete