Friday, April 14, 2023

Trade Of The Year Candidate!

*sits down with a cup of brew, 3 amazing cards and gets ready for a new post on Cards Over Coffee*

Amazing can sum up a few things this morning. For the first time in two weeks, I feel pretty amazing this morning after two weeks of sickness. It may not be 100% amazing, but enough in comparison to where I was at. Then there is the weather. Sunshine, 70+ degrees for the first time this year, that's amazing. On top of that its melting away the snow finally. Amazing!

Then comes the three cards I posses in my hands right now, all three cards are amazing.

Even though this is just the beginning of the year still, the cards and trade I am about to show you comes in the early running for my trade of the year.

Of course any trade that includes a massive Michael Jordan card, should be in that running.

*takes a sip, stares at the Michael Jordan card again still in disbelief it's in hand*

When I scroll through Twitter, I don't spend a lot of time reading the tweets, I spend more time looking at the pictures. Most of the time it's cards for sale listings that I just scroll by fast. However, if a card or two catches my eye, I may inquire about a trade since I can't buy the cards. Sometimes the seller is agreeable and will trade the card, other times, they won't. At least so far, I haven't had a snobby one snap at me yet for asking to trade a card on a sales thread.

The way I look at it, it's never wrong to ask even if their intentions are for selling purposes. You just never know until you ask. It's like having that crush on the popular girl in class and just staring at her creepingly because you never took the time to ask her out. She may have said yes, she may have said no get away, or she may have said please stop sniffing my hair. Until you make that move, you never know.

Just like I never would have completed this trade today if I hadn't inquired about it from @j_myers82 if I hadn't asked.

Let's check out the haul starting with the small stuff.

Pacific put out a lot of cool Pro Bowl Die Cut cards over the year, I really like the design from 2002.

1990 Topps Traded Emmitt Smith rookie card. This card was THE Emmitt Smith rookie you had to have at one point. It's surprising to me this Hall Of Famers rookie isn't more valuable, but I am glad to add this one finally to my collection.

AND FINALLY....DRUM ROLL PLEASE, without spilling your coffee of course......
 
1997-98 Metal Universe Planet Metal THE GOAT Michael Jordan!!! BANG, BOOM, COFFEE!

I have never owned or seen a Planet Metal in person, but let me tell you if you haven't either, these things are pretty. This 15-card set fell 1:24 packs and depicts the NBA's best as the main part of the basketball universe. MJ at the top of course.

Thanks again to Josh for the quick and easy trade.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I am not sure if I will be able to outdo this massive trade this year. My higher end trade bait stock continues to get hit and with no cards incoming to trade off, it will become more challenging as time goes on.

Let me know in comments if you own a Planet Metal, what your favorite MJ card is and anything else on this mail day.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend!

*Planet Metal Coffee Card Blogger Out*

10 comments:

  1. Sweet trade! That MJ is awesome. I own the Grant Hill from that set. Not sure where or when I acquired it... but I found it sitting in one of my 5,000ct. boxes and you're right... they're pretty. I actually own the Planet Metal MJ from the following year, but mine isn't slabbed. As for favorite Jordans, I'd probably go with his 1998-99 Topps East/West card that he shares with Kobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cards! We had 85 degrees yesterday. Still some snow left to melt away. Only going to be highs in the 40's early next week! Maybe our summer was yesterday? Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far we had two days of summer and now it's rain and 50s ever since!

      Delete
  3. Glad you are feeling better too! Sweet card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, that Gannon Pro Bowl card is sweet! I've never seen those before.

    I guess that Jordan guy was pretty good at basketball? I only know him from Space Jam /s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I watched him in that as well. It's why it was a must add

      Delete
  5. I gotta agree on that Pro Bowl card being sweet. Definitely got that Pro Bowl vibe going on. I have only a few M.J. cards. A 1990 Collegiate Colletion #89 is probably the best one. I have a few from the Stadion World Stars set made in Czech Republic, but the backs don't really have stats on them, so they are mainly cool cause of the pictures on the front. The rest are from the UD Goodwin Champions type sets, but he is out of uniform in those, so that is not as cool as the others. I'll have to check on these Planet Metal cards, and see about finding one to collect. Good that you are feeling better, and thanks for sharing the trade haul.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!