Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Delivery From A Night Owl

*sits down, takes a sip, makes sure Kleenex box is close by and gets ready for a new post on Cards Over Coffee*

April has been a long year, I mean month, so far.

I kicked off the opening weekend with one of the worst stomach bug cases I have ever had. There was no coffee to be had and I was stuck in bed if that tells you anything. Not too mention the five-and-a-half-pound loss. Though that part I won't complain about as much.

Then this past weekend hit. I started to have cold symptoms Friday Night, leading off with a runny nose on Saturday, then a full-on faucet nose and congestion on Sunday. By the time Monday came, I tested positive for Covid. My second round with it since it became a thing. 

I have no idea where I caught either sickness being an introvert, but I guess the one or two times I left the house it found me.

*takes another sip, the coffee soothes the cold symptoms or pretends it does at least*

I may not have had the best April so far when it comes to health, but when it comes to the hobby my April has treated me well. I completed multiple trades in bed, received a couple of RAKs and got a mail day from the blog Legend Night Owl Cards that I am showing off today.

He made note in the envelope that he knew I didn't collect random Yankees anymore, but it was all he had to send, and he still nailed this mail day.
Gerrit Cole is off to a hot start this season and definitely looks like the top when it comes to the Yankees rotation.

I always like shiny no matter what team or player it is. I just wished this guy could stay healthy. I know how that is....

This card is nice. There will never be a team in baseball ever again that will be like the 90's Yankees teams. There just won't be and one will never be as dominant as they were. 

This is a great looking card with the black border and it's numbered to 299.


I absolutely lack in vintage cards and when they look like this, I will take those all day of random Yankee players or any players. I have had a man crush on these Kellogg's cards since I got my first one last year.

Then was the card I commented on I saw in a Night Owl post. I really wanted this one for my Aaron Judge collection. I didn't open a single pack of Stadium Club, or the Chrome version for that matter, and as soon as I saw it was the Field Of Dreams background it was a must have. Such a great old but new school photo.

And finally, this mail day finishes up with a new card for my 2015 Panini Americana chase. I really like these rainbow foil parallels.

Thanks again to Greg for the mail day and sorry about the delay in posting it.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I have a lot of mail days to catch up on when I am feeling better. Today, I am heading in the right direction and had to put together 17 PWE's to mail including one back to Night Owl for his great cards.

Thoughts on my mail day welcomed in comments.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

*Feeling better Coffee Card Blogger Out*

8 comments:

  1. Here's hoping for better health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to read you're on the way back. I got sick a few weeks ago, too. Sounds like what you had, but I didn't test positive for covid. ... Glad I could send a card pick-me-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you! Hope we can do this again soon!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear you are starting to feel better. All six people in my house are in a high-risk category of some kind. We are doing whatever we can to stay well. Take care Matt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I can see why. Hopefully you all stay healthy!

      Delete
  4. Hope you're feeling better. That Steve from 90210 is cool. That guy had it all... a red Corvette and Kelly Taylor.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!