Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Finally Found One!

*sits down, cup of coffee, box of cards in hand, it's time for a new Cards Over Coffee*
\
I finally found one!

 
My reaction (same one I have with my first cup of morning coffee)

For some reason or another, 2022 Stadium Club Chrome became a hot product and took off like it was Prizm, Mosaic or Optic football. Shelves were cleaned, product was being flipped, you know the bad old days of Covid.

Fortunately, in my area, I was able to find a blaster just sitting there on the shelf and even though I technically didn't really have the funds to do so, I couldn't leave and grabbed it and tossed it in the cart with no glare from the Mrs...this time. Of course, explaining to her how hard it is to find this product helped as well.

*takes a sip, rips the plastic off the box, stacks the packs, takes a sip and gets ready to rip*

Each blaster box of 2022 Stadium Club Chrome comes with 4 packs of 7 cards. So there really isn't a lot of cards in a box so you are hoping to score on one of them. Blaster boxes are $24.98 which makes the packs $6+ each.

Let's hope this gamble was worth it. I am just hoping for some cool looking inserts, some base for my PC's and some rookies. Maybe get lucky and land a Julio.

*takes a sip, begins to rip*
Not a bad start on my base, which was one of the best base cards I pulled from the box. Not a single Judge, Jeter or Griffey Jr for my PCs.

Guess I will be on the hunt for those.

As for the card itself, I like this version of Chrome more than Topps Chrome. The photography is much better because of the Stadium Club branding.

The rookies I pulled from the box. Not any big names.

Overall there are 400 base cards in the set to collect with rookies, legends and present players.

Up next are my parallels,
Base refractor, never heard of this guy. But, a rookie refractor seems like a PC fit I suppose.

X-Factors, one fell per pack. 

Overall, there are X-Fractor, Base Refractor, Wave, Blue /199, Green /99, Gold /50, Orange /25, Red /5, and SuperFractor 1/1 parallels to be found.

Now onto my inserts...fingers crossed on landing Trophy Hunter card of Griffey, Judge and Jeter.....

Nope, Beam Team of Oneil Cruz and Pete Alonso. These fall 1:6 packs and has 25 cards to collect.

Team Of The Futuer of Fernando Tatis Jr. Whatever happened to this guy, goes from hobby sweetheart with Acuna Jr and now both guys are way out of sight. These fall 1:6 packs and have 20 cards in the set to collect.

*takes a sip to build up two other finds in the break*

Then came a couple big surprises....
In Pack 2, I found this Brandon Marsh autograph!

Then in Pack 3, another autograph!!! 2 retail autos!! I don't know who this is but this is a green parallel autograph /99.

 
Overall, I am feeling like this after the break....and after two cups of coffee.

*takes as sip before finishing up today's post*

I didn't quite get the PC cards I had hoped for, but pulling was pretty cool. One of the best retail breaks I have had in a while.

Thoughts on my break welcomed in comments. Most of the cards including the autographs will be available for trade as well.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

19 comments:

  1. Stadium Club and Chrome still look amazing year after year. Also "Rylan Bannon" sounds like something straight out of a random name generator. Shades of "Fighting Baseball" for the SNES (https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/8klxnf/the_full_fighting_baseball_snes_rosters_more_than/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 autos in the same blaster is quite amazing! I enjoy the Stadium Club Chrome set as well, though for the money I can't actually afford to collect the set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think collecting the xfactor or refractor set would be a lot of fun, though costly

      Delete
  3. Nice. Man I would have LOVED that box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Frank Thomas SC is cool. Brings back memories of the old Metrodome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice cards in your rip! The good old Homerdome! Dollar Dog nights and a thunderstorm, but the game kept on going. Limit 2 on the Dome Dogs, but when you have people with you that don't like hotdogs you can get more if you want.to. Takes another sip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 autographs in one box is quite the unicorn! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stadium Club Chrome would make a lot more sense to me if Topps got rid of the chrome parallels in regular Stadium Club. ... That Marsh auto pic is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A. Congratulations on pulling two autographs from a retail blaster.

    B. I loved the Beam Team insert back in 1995... but it looks like Topps took a short cut and didn't make these die-cuts (which if true is kind of a shame).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, things will never be the same when Topps and Fanatics run the show now. They have missed out on many oppurtunities

      Delete
  9. That was a great box! The camera angle of the Ohtani looked crazy, and the auto card with Brandon Marsh was all Norse! Just a little advice, coffee Bruh, but you might wanna consider cutting the Big Hurt off after the first cup o' joe. You know, some fellas just can't handle the caffeine, and get to acting like a bull in a trading card store. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy for the Marsh, I did turn that card and trade it for something I wanted more. Post on that coming up soon!

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!