Monday, May 1, 2023

Shoebox Of Fun

*new month, new post, new cup and new fresh coffee. it's time for some cards over coffee and a lot of cards*

*takes a sip*


My father and I trade on and off and despite being collectors and related, we definitely don't collect the same way.

He is more of the money type looking for players he can make money on whether that be now or later while holding onto at least one card of those players for his own collection. I am more nostalgic and collect cards that have personal meaning to me. I don't care about money, value and simply collect for fun.

We recently pulled off another one of our trades where I trade him a couple of "money" guys and I get a binder or box of mystery in return. The only specifics I have on my return from him is that it includes NY Giants or has some form of 90's nostalgia inside of it.

This Sketchers box had all of that and more.

Here's a sneak peek before we dig deep.

*takes a sip, digs through some cards and gets ready to show off the goods*

There was a lot of cards in the box, but I am only showing off the key card finds. I figured you wouldn't want to spend your day staring at piles of base cards.

Or maybe you are like me and want to. I don't know unless you tell me in comments. But, let's see the good stuff for now,



LT!








Press Pass made some incredible die-cuts back in the day. This is both fun because of the die cut and theme, but the foil etching is a nice touch to.



Some MJ!


That white shirt could easily get coffee stains.


Not sure what these are with blank backs.






Nothing wrong with getting more MJ. You can never have enough MJ, cards or coffee.


Set need!


There was more of these inserts, but being stored and flown around in a shoe box wasn't good for them. These were the only savable.


I have never seen this card before, pretty cool.


RARE!



And my favorite find of the box was actually the last card in the box buried under everything.
 
Zensations die-cut insert of Gary Payton.

Overall, this box was pretty spot on for me. Exactly everything I would have asked for and more.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I want to hear your guys thoughts on my finds and your favorite card or cards from this group.

Also, I want you to have a Magnificent Monday and drink plenty of coffee.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

6 comments:

  1. That Howard Cossell is both awful and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! some cards are like that which makes it fun

      Delete
  2. The Taylor Mosaic Prizm is very flashy! That looked like a fun box to go through. Add some fresh brew and it can't be beat! Time to make another pot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice highlights of the box. I'm sure it was lots of fun to go through.

    The blank back cards are for the 2001 NFL Showdown 1st Edition set. They were monochrome cards that were provided to players to use because the game's reader could not always read the bar codes from the foil cards in the set.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!