Friday, May 5, 2023

Spring Gallery

 *takes a sip, gets ready for a new post on cards over coffee..without the cards*

Occasionally on here I have done posts without cards, but never without coffee. So thought I would put up one of those types of posts today because for the first time in a week, it's sunny and no rain so I was feeling springy.

I am also working on cleaning up my drafts and these have been sitting there for a couple weeks.

*takes another sip*

My first non-card pic is this coffee coaster. 

I show this first because I was craving some ice cream since it is supposedly spring and made a stop at Mcdonalds where I had to use or hold back my people skills.
I think the people at McDonalds should be glad I had my coffee that morning because my people skills may not have been as friendly when they charge $5 for a Mcflurry and give me a half of a cup. I wanted to try the new Strawberry Shortcake one and this was more of a sample size than an actual thing. Good thing it wasn't that great.

 
Despite the 40 degrees and nonstop raining, this was our first Moose sighting in 20 years. I wished I had gotten my camera out instead of my cell phone one, but I didn't want to miss them. One of them was bigger than Shaq.

I don't take many trips or go places, but when I can capture fun photos locally while on the interstate, I take them. 
Yes, there is still snow on those mountains.

Here are a few photos of that same interstate later in the day,

 

The mix of blue and pink is outstanding.

My first spring flowers from the bulbs I planted in the fall.

This bee seemed quite happy with it, so much so it was lethargically frozen there. Probably doesn't like the cold like the rest of us.

Well, that's it for now. Hopefully at some point I can show off some sunny weather.

Hopefully everyone enjoyed these pics. Tell me how your spring is going in comments below.

Have a great Friday!

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

11 comments:

  1. Nice pics! Where I live there would never be mountains or Moose. I do have coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The spring is going okay so far. Gotta get some Round-Up or something, and spray the weeds dead before the HOA puts up a wanted poster of me. I walked the dog this morning, and he keeps finding all the feral cat droppings, and then eats them real quick like. Before I can stop him, he has already wolfed down a couple of cat McNuggets. He real sneaky with that.
    Bought a Rowdy Roddy Piper card from 1990 Classic WWF #13. It was a slabbed version, but it looks good. Trying to brainstorm a solution to my collection chaos, and I feel close to getting it right this time. I am mostly a fantasy art guy, so my binders are going to be committed to them, and the sports cards may find their way into boxes.
    The supermarket had some coffee on sale, so I bought two 12oz bags of Seattle's Best Henry's Blend. It is the weakest of their dark roasts, and the only one I can tolerate, but hey, it's cheap at $5.99 a bag. I'm gonna splurge soon though, and buy a pound of Kenyan or Ethiopian coffee from the fancy coffee store. It is very expensive, but I gotta remind myself what coffee was meant to taste like every so often.
    Well, I could go on, and I sorta did that anyways, but you did ask how everyone's spring is going after all. Before I go, I too wanna say, that your pictures are very pleasant to view, and thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking them out! I need to do something with my weeds on my sidewalk

      Delete
  4. Spring is going okay so far. While walking the dog this morning, he of course finds some feral cat droppings, and proceeds to eat them. Before I can stop him, he has already wolfed down several of the cat McNuggets. He real sneaky with that.

    I received some cards in the mail today, and one was a 1990 Classic WWF card #13 of Rowdy Roddy Piper. It's slabbed, but looks real good like that. Unfortunately, it will be swallowed up by my collection chaos, and I'll forget where it is in a couple of months. I know, I know. I am in that grey area between being a hoarder or a collector, but I do acknowledge I have a problem. Are there any TCA (trading card anonymous) meetings anywhere I can attend?

    So, I found some coffee on sale at the supermarket, and I bought two 12 oz bags of Seattle's Best called Henry's Blend. It is the weakest of Seattle's Best dark roast, and the only one of theirs I can tolerate, but hey, it's just $5.99 a bag. Lets just say if coffee goes with cards, like peanut butter goes with jelly, then you'll be choking down the other offerings from Seattle's Best, along with the peanut butter. Think I may have to splurge soon, and go buy some Kenyan or Ethiopian coffee from the fancy coffee store over in the next town. It is very expensive, but once in a while I have to remind myself what coffee is supposed to taste like.

    Well, I could go on about my day, and I kinda did here anyways, but you did ask everyone how their Spring is going. Before I go, I too wanna say, that your pictures are pleasant to view, and thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoops, sorry 'bout the double post. I thought I had not hit published on the first one, when it did not show. Never realized the post was in the queue and had not made its way thru. I have to admit that I'm impressed with the fact I remembered that much of the first post, when trying to reconstruct it in the second post. Is this the lingering effects of cabin fever?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to chuckle after seeing that McFlurry photo. Sorry you had to experience that, but I appreciate you taking one for the team. I'll stick to their hot fudge sundae or apple pies... which I only order maybe once or twice a year. I'd rather reserve my calories for their fries.

    As for spring, it's always a little hectic as we start wrapping up the school year... but this year has been even more busy with family stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definetely took one for the team! I don't want to again though haha!

      Delete
  7. Nice pics. Never seen a moose in the wild, though there is supposed to be a small population in the northern part of MN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We normally dont see them where I am. Deer, yes. Foxes, every day. But moose are rare. I guess you just never know

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!