Tuesday, May 9, 2023

The Sequel Wasn't As Good

 *sits down, opened box and cards in and I ready to show this off. it's time for a new Cards Over Coffee*

I should have known.

I didn't stick with what I knew best, that a sequel never lives up to the original.

That goes with music, movies and even cards.

When I opened that first 2022 Stadium Club Chrome blaster box and hit two autographs and some other great cards, I should have known that it was going to be hard to beat. 

And it was.

I found a second blaster last week and without thinking, without hesitation of any kind, I tossed it into the shopping cart carefree.

I skipped out of Walmart like a little child who found his favorite toy and immediately opened the box in the car hoping for the same magic as the original box.

Except this blaster didn't have any kind of magic and was a letdown like most highly promoted sequels.

 
This was my best base card, not that anyone can complain about adding a Mike Trout.

My rookies. Kind of weak.

 
X-Factor parallels, the Musial is decent but meh on the rest.

So I guess buying a second box means pulling two of the same insert card, great. At least I know a Dodgers fan that would be happy with this I believe. Yes, Greg, I am talking to you.

And my last card,
I wanted to pull a Trophy Hunters, just didn't even get a player even close to who I wanted. It's a cool looking card.

And that was it. No autographs this time. Nothing that really stood out to me and most of this is available for trade as well.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I don't plan on opening up anymore of this product after the disappointing sequel.

In comments today, thoughts on my break and what movie sequel you felt lived up to the original. My favorite sequel, which I think outdid the first one was the new Jumanji movie series with the second one in Jumanji:The Next Level.

Also, my second cup of coffee this morning outdid the first. Which doesn't usually happen either.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

5 comments:

  1. Hey now, nothing wrong with pulling a Mookie out of a box. Is one a refractor? ... I'll go with an oldie but goodie -- Empire Strikes Back was equal/greater to the original Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely agree that Empire was better. Sadly the same can't be said of the rest of the sequels.

      Also, Superman II with Christopher Reeve was way better than the first one.

      Delete
    2. The majority of people I've talked to think The Empire Strikes Back was better than A New Hope... me included. I also liked Attack of the Clones more than The Phantom Menace. Veering away from the SW franchise... I'll mention Terminator 2: Judgement Day.

      Delete
  2. Stadium brand does have nice photography, so I think you did okay with the second box. It is a nice product.

    I always thought Rocky II was a pretty good sequel to Rocky, but after this all the other Rocky movies were just okay, since they seemed to have lost the true essence of the underdog theme. Just my opinion of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cards. I don't remember any sequels I have seen so they must not have been very good! Good coffee is hard to beat.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!