Monday, May 22, 2023

Finished Cup:1995 Fleer NFL Prospects

*sits down, takes a sip and gets ready for a new post on Cards Over Coffee*

Coffee and Cards, any better way to start the day? You better say there isn't. Because there isn't.

I finally have been putting a focus on finishing up some of my sets or at least adding to them. The more I see prices of today's cards continuing to rise, the more I look back on cards from my past and knowing it's time to put more of my focus back onto them.

Which is why I was able to finish picking up the final card, yes I waited this long to add one card, to my 1995 Fleer NFL Prospects set.

I know you saw the words 1995 Fleer and probably gagged some, but, I loved that product. Especially the inserts which is why I am chasing everything from the 1995 product including the base.

*takes a sip*
John Walsh from the Cincinatti Bengals was the final card I needed to finish up the 20-card set and was found for under $2. NFL Prospects fell 1:6 packs and featured a funtastic (is this really a word?) background with a mix of rough and gloss feel.

The set featured some of the top picks of the 1995 NFL Draft. (yes that's my boy Kerry Collins above)


These cards that scream 90's look even better in a binder side by side.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

It's such a relief to finish up this long time set chase and I recently just finished up another just as long. Soon, I will be posting that one along with some other Unfinished Cups that maybe some of you can help with. Who likes to have an unfinished cup????

Thoughts on this set welcomed in comments below.

Have a great Monday!

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

8 comments:

  1. Very colorful set that doesn't have eleven parallels of each card. I finished a cup but think I will probably go for another one. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 28 years ago, how time flys - those cards seem like yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards here throw colors out like a psychedelic day dream. I say day dream, because if a company like Panini got hold of that, they'd turn it into a nightmare with all the crazy galactic and nova bursts and stuff. It is a wonderful set you have there, but just a thought, could you give a back of the card look too, in your future blogs? Not every card, just maybe the main focus of your post.

    I am viewing this in the evening, so the cup of coffee has given way to the bottle of beer. Sorry 'bout that. I am a working man, dealing with working man stress, so we gots to do, what we gots to do. Anyways, I had me some tasty, if not strong, Seattle's Best Henry's Blend this morning, and it never fails to inject life back in my tired limbs and spirit. I have no idea how I'd make it into work on time without the Java. Coffee, the last legal drug. Is it not so?

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing my best to post pictures of card backs in future posts! Stay tuned!

      Delete
  4. Back in 1995, my focus was on hockey... so I don't remember this set. I like all of the different backgrounds though. Congratulations on completing the set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats funny because I collected hockey back then as well. Must have been a 90s thing

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!