Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Unfinished Cup:1996 Topps Turf Warriors

I have my coffee in hand and I am ready again for the third day in a row for a new post on Cards Over Coffee. I know my long break will be coming soon from blogging, so I am taking advantage of having some extra time this week to do a few posts.

Today, I am showing off another set I have been chasing hard since 1996 and have been adding more to of recent.

1996 Topps Turf Warriors fell 1:18 to 1:36 packs depending on what level of pack you buy. The cards feature an NFL Superstar and has a felt turf feel on the front of the card.

Remember when inserts had creativity?

*takes a sip wishing cards from today were as great as they were in 1996*

I opened a ton of 1996 Topps football, but didn't have a lot of luck in pulling these personally. I think I only pulled one which was Steve Young. Since then however, I have been wanting to build the set but it has taken a lot of patience. Some of these cards were a bit steep so I had to wait for some to be cheaper and nobody ever has these for trade.
Barry Sanders was one of those I had to wait on. Most were listed $20+ so when one went up for auction and I landed for less than $6, I called it a win.

 
Back of the card.

I went on a run with adding some of the top players after this Barry from the set such as Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman, Marshall Faulk and Curtis Martin to name a few.

Here are my remaining needs,
1,2,4,5,6,11,12,14,16,18,19,21

If any of you have any of these, please comment below or hit me up at sportcardcollectors@hotmail.com.

Below, comment your thoughts on these inserts and what your favorite insert from 1996 was.

Thanks for reading and have a great Wednesday.

*takes a sip*

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

4 comments:

  1. 90's inserts and parallels were so innovative. I think card companies set the bar so high, we'll never see an era like that again. There might be a cool insert here or a cool parallel there, but back then it seemed like every other product released had something to ooh or ahh at.

    Best of luck with your set build. I just looked at the checklist... and I'd like to add the Favre, White, and Sanders to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Those are players I am missing still myself

      Delete
  2. Those look really good. I checked my collection and am sorry to say I can't help your efforts because I have none. I still have coffee!

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!