Monday, October 5, 2026

Swingin' Into The Postseason

The baseball post season is on, so I figured why not show off some of my latest baseball cards thanks to a trade with long time buddy @90sNicheFBCard.

But first....some coffee....

*brew is ready, pours cup, pours creamer, stirs....takes sip....gets back to post*

*takes another sip*

I am sure many Yankee fans will agree, this guy needs to retire. But, I will still welcome a shiny card of him.

This is THE MAN. Despite the Yankees smelling it up against the Rays so far, Ben Rice has still been the bright spot.


I always wonder what if Aaron Judge actually stayed healthy in his career and how many records he may have broken? Same feeling for Mike Trout and Ken Griffey Jr.

Just in case you didn't know this was a Topps card....

Who is this guy? That's what most Yankee fans are wondering now. It wasn't too long ago he was the most wanted prospect, now he has fallen.

 
Wavy....

 
It looks like to me that Aaron was planning on playing all season but he counted his chickens before they could hatch on that.

Besides Jeter and Judge, I will welcome all Ben Rice cards to my PC. I don't collect as much baseball as I used to, but these three Yanks I will take all day.

I know I have said this before but I will say it again for those who didn't read it the first time, Roger was one of my favorite pitchers of the 90's who I used to try and imitate, then he got messed up with the 'roids crew and I lost all respect.

Now onto the greatest player with the greatest swing ever to hit a baseball diamond.
 
I have been staring at one of these for months, was so excited to see this pop up in the package. Though I prefer 90's for my Griffeys, when one looks cool like this I will obvious take it.

Another one I have been needing.

This one here was a wonderful surprise! Shiny, /199, and throwback. Couldn't ask for more.

The cards featured above wasn't all he sent either. There were more baseball cards but there were also more football cards. The only way you can see those is if you are following my football card blog, Big Blue Cardboard. I will be posting those there at some point. Some really fun stuff mixed in that group as well.

Thanks again for the trade and mail day Bryan!

*takes another sip before finishing up today's post*

Bryan always sends a lot of fun and variety in his mail days. I had a feeling when it magically appeared in my mail box that it was going to be spectacular and it was. I hope to send you some stuff soon in the Christmas mailings I need to get out this month.

If the Yankees fail to come back from down two games, I will at least have this cards to look at that got me swingin' into the postseason.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!