*sits down, cup of coffee in hand, box of cards nearby*
*takes a sip, hopes you do the same, sets down mug and gets to blogging*
Is it true?
Rumor has it that boxes that are damaged are the ones holding the best pulls. I guess I can finally put that theory to a test as I got a box in the mail from a trade with Twitter friend Jake (@jake1725).
I gave up some Mike Trout and Ohtani cards to land this blaster. A blaster I had been wanting to rip as the checklist contained a ton of Darkwing Duck cards and some other Disney related nostalgia I wanted.
Before I continue on, I must point out that Jake wasn't the one who crushed the box, you can thank FedEx for that. You got to love the cost of shipping stuff now-a-days and how we receive it. The card box itself and the box it came in looked like the driver was practicing his field goal kicks in my big field before he delivered it.
But at least it arrived and wasn't stolen like some people deal with.
Let's just hope the cards are all good.
So, I have my coffee and cards. It's time to....
*takes a sip, begins the rip*
Each blaster, or what they call now value box comes with 8 packs of 4 cards. So, you get 32 cards for $40. There are no guarantees, but it seems to be one numbered card per box. Each box also offers Ray Wave Parallels, Refractors and one High School Musical 20th-Anniversary card.
The base set is 200-cards deep. Here is what I would call an Ashley Tisdale Rookie?
Here is what I found for base refractors,
RayWave Refractors
Donald Duck mini diamonds aqua /199.
Cars 20th Anniversary insert. Have seen and can probably quote this movie by now. If you haven't, watch Cars and Cars 3. We can pretend the second one didn't exist together.
23-19!!! 23-19!! Monsters Inc 25th anniversary.
Alice and Wonderland 75th Anniversary
Now onto the inserts,
Anyone who watched Disney Channel for what it once was would find these cool. Okay, I find these cool.
Anyone who watched Disney Channel for what it once was would find these cool. Okay, I find these cool.
Cars 20th Anniversary insert. Have seen and can probably quote this movie by now. If you haven't, watch Cars and Cars 3. We can pretend the second one didn't exist together.
23-19!!! 23-19!! Monsters Inc 25th anniversary.
Alice and Wonderland 75th Anniversary
Disney Ink and Paint
And an insert line we all know and love, Future Stars.
Well, this shows that not all damaged boxes come with "the heat", but I still had a blast opening this up. For me, the designs, refractors were all fun and there is so much nostalgia built in to top it off. Now I want to rip another!
Thanks Jake for the trade, glad both of us are happy with the outcome of our trade.
*takes another sip before finishing up today's post*
Let me know in comments if you have any luck with damaged boxes and your best hit? Also, what are your thoughts on this Disney product and have you opened any?
Hope everyone has a superb Sunday.
*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

















I've gotten other items that look like they encountered a steam roller, but no cards in boxes. It's a miracle that some things are still usable based on what the packages look like when received. Looks like a fun rip. Coffee is good today. Enjoy it all!
ReplyDeleteExactly. This box was worse than it looks. I thought for sure everything was going to be damaged
DeleteI only liked my birthday buddy even though his day is the day before mine he's my favorite main character that is a Mr. Donald Duck haven't opened any of the Disney boxes cause of no interest in them plus when I see a box some little kids have already opened them up ruining it for the rest of card collectors making it impossible to enjoy cause they are putting limited amount of them to be sold at the stores or they're suspecting that I already opened it before looking at it once I approach where they being displayed at. Well thats my take another HoF candidate in my choice is that Donald over that other Person named that anyway well I'm due for my 6th cup already and its only what noon as I typed it up & no I'm Not switching to the decaf version
ReplyDeleteDonald will be added! Thanks for the nomination. I need to remember to add that to my posts.
DeleteI'd have to agree that the Genie card is the favorite. Glad none were damaged.
ReplyDelete