Sunday, September 27, 2020

FALLing For Ginter

 *takes a look out the kitchen window where this latest post is being composed and can see all of the beautiful colors of fall. Figures has to share those with his cup of coffee this morning. Time for a new Cards Over Coffee*

It was only a short time ago, a week or so before fall actually began on September 22nd, that I took these photos of the trees trying to kick into foliage gear.

There was some color showing at the top
and a few straggler leaves on the ground. 
 
Then it seemed that week passed by and out of nowhere....
My pumpkins were ready to be picked

And the colors of fall were in full bloom,
(current view out my kitchen window)



Some years foliage in my area can be dull but other years, like this one so far, it can really pop. Lots of oranges, reds, and yellows make this one of the most colorful years we have had in some time.

2020 had to get something right, didn't it?

Actually it got two things right.

The latest release of 2020 Allen and Ginter, my favorite Topps product, came out and I was biting my nails in anticipation that my Walmart would get some in and have some left for my father to grab for me. In which it did.

I was able to get a blaster and a three pack cello as well. It appeared that the one product that flippers weren't buying was the one product I wanted the most.

Today, I will show off my blaster box results. I will tackle the three pack cello another day.

Only one thing to do now...

*takes a sip, begins to rip*
 
Each blaster box of 2020 Allen and Ginter has 8 packs of 6 cards. There are no guarantees in a blaster other than a good time. Each one sets ya back $20.

The favorite part of Allen and Ginter to me is the least favorite part to everyone else, the non sport oddities. It's the only reason why I like it.

This years 350 card base set, 300 base and 50 Sp's, comes with quite a few names I am chasing base, mini's, relics and autographs of. The names include, Chip Gaines, Ken Jeong,Spike Lee, Ludacris, Paul Rudd and RL Stine. Cool Stuff or as in the 90's I would call it, Cool Beans.
Tino was the first card I pulled from the blaster so it has to be shown off. Still need a Tino autograph in my life. In a Yankees uniform of course.

My two rookie card pulls from the blaster. Not too bad.

I don't know who this is....

This one gave me Goosebumps.....One down from my wants

Sp's in this product are pretty easy to pull falling 1:2 packs, these were my finds,
If anyone needs them for their set chase, just let me know.

*takes a sip, feeling good about this rip so far after finding Stine. Continues on*

One of the only negatives about Ginter for me, the mini's. Minis cover base and some inserts in this product. They fall one-in-every-pack and are a pain in the butt to store. I have been sorting mine by sport/non sport and sticking them into 800 ct boxes.
A couple of decent names here

and not too shabby of a pull here, 1:131 odds of finding a black border Sp mini. I gotta find a Tigers fan that will enjoy this more than myself.

Then a few other minis which are inserts. I do enjoy the mini non sport inserts more than the base ones.
Citadels and Safeholds

Behemoths Beneath

And my new favorite one that glows in the dark....
Where Monsters Live. So need this set now.

*takes another sip*

The rest of my inserts were full sized ones.
Longball Lore has 50 cards to chase
 
A Debut To Remember has 30 cards to collect. Not too shabby of  a player I landed.

 
Digging Deep has 20 cards to chase
 
 
Down On The Farm is pretty cool being someone who grew up on a farm. Which probably explains my animal nature. There are 15 cards to chase in this set.
 
 
Field Generals has 20 cards to collect
 
 
Reach For The Sky.....as Woody from Toy Story says or as an insert for Allen and Ginter, whatever comes to mind first. There are 15 cards to collect.
 
*takes a sip before clo....oh hold on...what's this...a last pack hit..*
Yup, last pack relic hit. Not someone I particular know an wanted. I kind of wished it had been a non sport ones I wanted, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. These fall 1:82 packs.

*now takes the finale sip*

This was a solid blaster break for me. Pulled a tough parallel short print, a hit and landed one of the non sport characters I am chasing. Stine is actually the first autograph I really want from this product. I will have a list of all my wants from this product soon on the side of this blog and cross them off as I go.

Hope that all of you have a great Sunday and are having a hot cup of joe while you are reading this.

*grabs a second cup of coffee, begins researching Allen Ginter names I need to make a list of for this blog*

13 comments:

  1. A&G wasn't what it once was, but it always makes for an entertaining rip -- and post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. I like the hidden surprises, unless they hide them in the cover

      Delete
  2. Aa a 51 year Tiger fan, that Cecil Fielder card is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should you not want that Behemoths Beneath card, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Chrysler Building card, and the view outside your window is fantastic! Enjoy the autumn out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LaRussa is wearing an A's jersey? Kudos Topps. The glow-in-the-dark insert is pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their player and jersey selection this year was interesting like Joe Torre in a Cardinals uniform

      Delete
  6. A&G has never been my cup of tea, but I may have to track down a copy of that Fisk Field Generals insert!

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!