Friday, July 21, 2023

A Trip Of A Lifetime The Finale

*sits down, gets ready for a new post on Cards Over Coffee*

I thought a rainy day like today would be a great opportunity to finish up this series. I also have some stuff to say about the amount of rain and flooding we have seen her recently.
 
On our final day in DC, I got to dive into another breakfast at the hotel. This one was a little bit more balanced and for us older people, we understand why there is an Activia yogurt on the plate.

The final day was spent going to Musuems.

The first one was The National Museum Of Natural History.
There was a little bit of a line, but we managed to get in pretty quickly.



(even as an adult, I can't get enough of seeing dinosaurs)











The next visit was to The National Air and Space museum which was literally down the street from this one. There were so many we could have visited but we only had time for two.

But, I was happy with both choices. I am always fascinated with space.





There were some really fun sights to see. This wasn't all of my pictures, just some of my favorites.

Rest of the trip was spent doing some touring, including a nighttime tour. Here are a bunch of other photos I snapped on the tour along with some others as well,


















(red sun from the smoke from Canada, it didn't get bad in DC until our last day there where the air quality was bad)






 

 
And that's all she wrote.

It was a fun trip, the kids were great I got to chaperone, and we all had some good laughs along the way. Something I will remember forever even with the $4 coffee.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I would definitely go back again if I got the chance.

However, for those of you who live in this area, how do you even get to places on time?? Metro was slow and the metro cards didn't work half the time. It was frustrating on that part.

Other than that, really historic visit and makes you appreciate our country. If you haven't been, I suggest you go. Even if you have to use Metro.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and thoughts on my trip and if you have gone welcomed in comments.

*one final sip to celebrate a great trip*

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to take the trip. Putting a positive influence into the lives of students is priceless. I was a literacy tutor in my local elementary school for 2 years. Some that I tutored are now graduating with honors. Fun to see the results of our efforts. Keep doing it. Coffee time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, the kids were great and it was a great time. I was happy I was able to go

      Delete
  2. My son is at a college in DC, and being from NY (not in the city, but within the "metro area"), we have found DC's Metro to be far superior (clean, on time, safe) to NYC's. Haven't been late to anything down there because of mass transit. Glad you were able to take in the sites and museums. Sounds like a great time. And so beneficial for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I haven't been on a metro before, but from what I hear, DC was really clean. Compared to what I have seen in TV and movies, I think it looked great lol

      Delete
  3. Very cool of you to chaperone this trip. I wanted to chaperone the DC trip years ago, but they didn't offer it. Now that they do... I just don't have the time or energy. But one of the things I really, really, really want to visit one day is the The National Air and Space museum. Heard they have an SR-71 there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the school remembers me the next time they go

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the pictures! My family went there years ago (Reagan was still in office). I would love to bring my kids there before they get too old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! But, make sure you have a week off when you go and take the whole week there!

      Delete
  5. As a teacher, this is my all-time favorite field trip. There are so many great things to see in D.C., looks you made it to my favorite, which is the Air and Space Museum. Hope the kids enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!