Sunday, July 2, 2023

Neutral Zone

*takes a sip, sits down with a few cards the coffee and a donut for breakfast*

*sets all three items away from each other, didnt' want any accidents*

*takes a sip*

I know you guys are probably getting sick of seeing my latest NY Giants pickups, but for now, this is where I am sharing them. I am hoping though at some point when I have more time that there may be a possible Big Blue Cardboard revival as I have some new ideas and lots of cards to share there. So if you haven't followed that blog or added it to your blogrolll, please do.

In the meantime, let's check out my latest adds which are unique.

Every time a new product comes out, I always do a search to check out what Giants cards are in it. If I see something that catches my eye, I put it on the watchlist and hope that I can land it or others in the future.

This is exactly what I did when 2022 Panini Playbook hit the streets. For the most part, it's not a very interesting product as it's a lot of same ole, same ole. But, it did have an interesting insert set I hadn't seen before and that it had three Giants cards in it.

I was sold.
The insert was called Neutral Zone which takes you to the trenches and the line of scrimmage between two teams.

I don't think out of all of my collecting years I have ever seen an insert focus on this part of the game. It was unique that a company finally thought outside the box.

Each of the Giants cards in the set featured their defensive line against another offensive line. I think that's mainly because their dline has been so great over the years as opposed to their offensive line.


 
Here are the three cards. It was against the Jets, Eagles and Cowboys for the cards the Giants were featured on.

 
And all three together.

I hope more companies take a look at this and come up with something else new and creative. I am sure other sports have their own things companies haven't tackled yet. What about the chalk line for baseball and a ball rolling down and near it? or faceoff for hockey? 

Let me know in comments what youre thoughts are or what they should do next.

In the meantime, hope you are enjoying that cup of coffee.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

2 comments:

  1. Haven't opened any hockey products in years... or even purchased many hockey cards the past several years... but a faceoff insert or subset would be cool.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!