Saturday, July 29, 2023

The Blogger National 2023

*sits down, takes a sip of coffee. opens keyboard, begins to type today's newest post*

Last year I posted a Blogger National for those of us who can't enjoy the experience of actually being at the The National Sport Collectors Convention. That way we can still connect with one another without spending the big bucks to do so. Though I would love to sit down, have a cup of coffee and talk cards with you.

*takes a sip, tips mug towards computer screen hoping you will return the favor*

I am a few days late on posting this year's Blogger National, but I am still hoping you all will still participate in this blog bat-around.

What is the Blogger National? Well, it's a blog-bat-around where you just take one post (or multiple if you so choose) in the next few days and dedicate it to showing off your coolest cards or your most favorite cards or a recent mail day you hadn't posted yet using the blog post title, The Blogger National 2023.

I want you to try to find the cards that are show worthy to you. You know, the dazzling cards that would attract all of the people over to your table (blog).

I received some show worthy cards in a few of my recent mail days.

*takes a sip before continuing on with today's post*

I am not sure why, but I felt drawn to needing an Indiana Jones rookie. Maybe because of the new movie or maybe because I was a fan. I am looking forward to watching the new movie at some point.

I didn't have a Zebra parallel in my collection before and now to own one of the league's best running back and of a Giant, I am happy. I acquired this one in a trade on Twitter.

This card I have been wanting a very long time. Great moment in Knicks history by my favorite Knicks player.....and it's shiny. This came from a long time Twitter friend.

And finally, along with the Allan Houston above, I was given this 2001 Kerry Collins E-X Essential Credentials /299. Great 90's parallel, not as exciting of a 2000's insert but still a need.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I am hopeful many of you will join in on this. Usually my Blog-Bat-Arounds go nowhere but maybe this one will catch your attention. Last year was no to very little turnout but I am trying again!

And for those of you who read this and don't have a blog, feel free to post your cards on social media and use the hashtag, #TheBloggerNational2023. I will be on the lookout for that hashtag on all social media platforms. Well, except TikTok. I haven't joined that at all yet and don't plan to.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

4 comments:

  1. Still remember my dad picking me up early from boy scouts to watch the end of that Knicks/Heat playoff game. We turned on the radio as we drove home to listen, and got inside just in time to see Houston make that game winning shot. A magical season that I am always happy to be reminded of, so thank you for sharing that card. I need to go after one too now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will always remember the 90s Knicks. Great games and rivalries

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!