Tuesday, February 21, 2023

The Beauty Within

If you have been wondering where I have been the past few months, well, you're looking at me minus the white hair and mustache. Overtired, mug in hand and trying to get through another busy day.

With so much going on, I had to put blogging on the backburner. I was almost at the point of completely stepping away but couldn't completely shut the door yet. Or in blogging terms, close the laptop.

I may not have the time or drive to blog like I once did, but occasionally I get the itch and it leads to a post like todays. 

Though today's post doesn't involve any cards. It's more like Pictures Over Coffee.

The pictures though I found post-worthy.

We had a big-flake snowstorm about a month ago and I went out to take a few pictures in-between errands.

This will be a lilac tree once spring begins. There is nothing like the fresh smell of lilacs.

This isn't one that Charlie Brown would pick out.

Trees across the road from my house.

And I mentioned earlier how these were big flakes, for the first time ever, I was actually able to capture some of the snowflakes up close.


And this was my favorite one. Look at the intricate detail.

I may be annoyed by winter, except around Christmas, but there is some beauty to be found in it. Even though we were getting close to spring feelings here and we are expecting a 8+ inch storm for Thursday. 

So, I compare this to blogging as well. I can get annoyed by how blogger can operate sometimes, the pain of uploading pictures, the time that can be consumed, but yet there is beauty to be found in sharing your hobby with others in written form.

I hope all of you have a great Tuesday and hopefully no snow is heading your way.

Coffee Card Blogger Out.

16 comments:

  1. Nice photos. We're bracing for a foot or more of snow. I hope the forecast is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, as long as you don't have to drive in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're getting what you're getting, with a little added ice so that I can't get my car doors open for like the 4th time this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't get the ice, but enough snow to make the roads slick

      Delete
  4. Absolutely love living on the GREAT State of Michigan, the "Winter Wonderland."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. snow is nice when it's Christmas but as March approaches I am done lol

      Delete
  5. Great pictures there! I kind of miss snow, we haven't had any in my part of NJ for a very long time.

    I can understand why you'd want/need to take a blogging break. I shut down my blog for three months to write a novel. Then I couldn't finish the novel, lost interest, deleted it, and I'm back to blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I want to do! I really want to take time do write a book.
      but, now you have to pay for microsoft word which is stupid so I haven't started yet

      Delete
  6. Nice photos especially the snowflake. As Crocodile said for himself I could also be headed for more than a foot of snow in the next two days. I'm not sure if he is in Central Minnesota like I am, but our stories are very similar. I could be running my snowblower the next three days in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow photography is one of my favorite genres... and some of my favorite childhood moments involve skiing in Tahoe as a kid, so part of me is jealous of those 8 inches you'll be getting later in the week. On the other hand... don't like driving in the snow or putting on chains. Stay warm... and glad you're not closing the laptop (yet).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never done any form of skiing. Knowing my luck I would fall haha

      Delete
  8. Love the snow pictures! I have always loved snow since I was little. Getting photos of individual snowflakes is extremely difficult too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I have never once captured a photo like that ever and may never again.

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!