Thursday, July 18, 2024

It Pays To Read

It's Thursday already and I am up early with a cup of coffee in hand. I have no idea how this week went by so fast, but it's time for another new Cards Over Coffee to keep my streak alive this week of new posts.

*takes a sip*

A couple weeks ago, I was reading and checking out A Penny Sleeve For Your Thoughts blog, still the coolest blog name out there, and saw that Jon had posted some freebie cards available he was trying to unload. Even though I had just gotten an amazing mail day from Jon, I thought I would check in on some of the cards that would fit my collection and Jon happily said he would get them in the mail.

It didn't take long for them to arrive; it's just has taken me forever to upload and post them.

 
I saw these two historic autograph base cards available and thought they would be cool adds to the non sports PC.

Same with this Ellie Walker base from The Andy Griffith Show. I remember watching this with my grandmother, so it also serves as a nostalgic piece.

90's inserts rule. That's all. I don't care who the player is or what team they play for, I want it and I collect it. Finley being a good, underrated player is a bonus.

I am not sure what this even is, I saw the foil and how cool it looked and wanted it.

Growing up having watched a ton of horror/scary movies, this card was the first one to stare at me from the list Jon had available. I can't count the number of times I watched the original Frankenstein movies on SciFi (original name) network.

Vintage non-sport cards have been rising on my list of wants. I think cards like this, especially of space, is wonderful. I know you all will agree.

 
And finally, even as a big time Yankees fan and hater of Red Sox, this card is amazing and not going anywhere (so don't even think about offering me anything for it). Topps don't make them like this anymore.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

Big thanks to Jon on passing these along. I do have a return planned at some point. I am just really slow about mailing right now.

I would also suggest all of you to read A Penny Sleeve For Your Thoughts as well. He always finds a lot of fun and unique cards to post about. 

Also, in the blogging world, it always pays to read blogs even if it's just to read them.

Thanks for taking some time out to read my blog today.

Before I close, I also wanted to remind you of the Coffee Card Hall Of Fame voting and that it needs you guys to nominate cards in.

Details on the Coffee Card Hall Of Fame can be found HERE. I may add this to every post from here on out for a reminder as I will forget about this too! Haha!

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

6 comments:

  1. Thursday already? I think you covered most categories of cards in this post. Nicely done! Time for another cup of coffee and get things rolling for today. Have a fantastic day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A. Those Historic Autograph cards look familiar. I bought a shoebox filled with 2018 The Bar base and relics a few years ago at a card show. I wonder if they were made by the same company.

    B. Love that Man on the Moon set. That would be such a fun set build.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A. Most likely. They have some unique relics
      B. Yes it would. Super cool card.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the kind words (though they might be a bit too kind!). Thanks again for partaking in the free stuff. I've never had this much trouble trying to move free cards before. And I haven't see an episode of Andy Griffith in years, but I did like it quite a bit as a kid. A lot of it is a blur at this point though.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!