Thursday, July 4, 2024

Hotdogs, Giants, and The 90's

Happy 4th of July! My coffee is really hot this morning so while I let it cool down a little, why not kick put together a post.
 
 What better card to kick off today's holiday post with a card that features fireworks??

Go ahead, choose a better one.

My latest Saquon and today's mail day post comes thanks to a mail day from blog reader and friend Oren.
I do have this Griffey already, but this is so 90's and looks so cool, that I had to have another. I know this product was aimed for kids, but I think it also covers kids like me.

And this one, I don't like this insert line, but a new Griffey is a new Griffey.

*coffee is cooler, takes a sip*

The saying goes on Twitter, "The 90's did it better" and it is so true for this card,

This card, (it also helps my set chase)

this card,

and this one as well. 90's cards like these sets off the fireworks in my heart. 

Playing Cards seem to be the new thing in the hobby for multiple sports. I do like them. 

Tiki Overdrive, bright and shiny, the way I like my cards and my fireworks.


Yes, Saquon ditched the Giants for a division rival and no I shouldn't be adding more of his cards, but he is wearing NY blue so I will keep adding those. Once that ugly green he is wearing now appears on a card, I refuse to add those.

 
The final card of the trade with Oren is this 2002 Fleer Box Score Press Clippings relic of Curtis Martin. Martin was one of those 90's players I liked to watch even though I didn't like the teams he played for.

Thanks to Oren for another great trade!

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I hope all of you have a great 4th of July and be safe during today's holiday. Sometimes we let celebrations get out of hand. Make good decisions so you can continue to enjoy our independence.

 
I plan on having some hot dogs later today, just not as many as Joey Chesnut would have eaten. It's too bad he isn't in today's contest. He was the reason I watched.

God Bless America!

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

5 comments:

  1. Hot coffee and burgers off the grill with jalapenos on them for me! Nice flare in those cards. God bless you and everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to buy some burger so it was all dogs for me with pasta salad.

      Delete
  2. The Griffey Fun Pack card is tops for me. I love that design. It doesn't get too much more 90's than that -- or at least early 90's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is why I took a second copy of it. Really like the look. Better than cards made today that's for sure.

      Delete
  3. I should have known those Hot Shots inserts were heat sensitive. I have a few of them, but just thought it was weird that it had a black background. I'm tempted to dig some of mine out and rub them.

    Those hot dogs look delicious. I love putting jalapenos (along with ketchup, relish, and onions) on mine when I go to the game.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!