Thursday, December 3, 2020

Magic In A Bag

*takes a sip from a Mcdonald's coffee...hold the floor...what? Why wasn't it the home brew? We will find out in a few*

Well today didn't go quite as planned.

I woke up around 5:30 with some bad stomach cramps that led to some back pain which led me to finding out for the 8th time in my lifetime I have kidney stones. Today's round I believe is the most painful ones I have ever experienced.

This was my reaction this morning

To avoid putting too much into my system just in case I needed surgery, I skipped over my morning coffee and took the hour trip to the ER. We have an ER within 20 minutes of where I live, but, the one that is an hour away is where my Urologist is from and it's a better hospital so I suffered through longer pain to reach the better of the two choices.

Four hours of no coffee, pain and pain meds later, I am home but not without a stop to McDonalds for some coffee before doing so. I couln't make it a full day without any you know, who can?!
*takes another sip of hot coffee. Really needed this today*

So I figured while I am on the low today, I would put up a new post and one that has been backlogged since summer.

My mother-in-law back in August was at an antique shop and saw a baggie of baseball cards she knew I would appreciate and grabbed them for me. Yeah, she is cool like that and I expect you to be jealous. Later that day she dropped off said cards for me to do my usual digging in.

*another sip of coffee, feeling like I need a nap after this long morning but I will wait*

I had no idea what to expect from the cards, but I had a gut feeling it was going to be loaded with Donruss 90 and Fleer 91.

Low and behold....Yup, 91 Fleer. No big names either. Not a good start when you find bright yellow to kick things off. (there wasn't any 90 Donruss or a single card from '89 Donruss either)

Next card was this Kirby Puckett. I never truly appreciated cards like these until this year. All of those early Bo Jackson "Bo" cards, players posing with their nicknames and family and all of those early 90's subset cards that were funky back then but so much cooler now.

Not too bad here for player finds with Paul Molitor and John Smoltz

Then the baggie started to heat up with a few surprises. Unlike my coffee that started to cool down. There are only two ways to have McDonalds coffee, scalding or ice cold. There is no happy medium with the cups they use.

*takes a sip of ice cold coffee. Hey it works after the day I had*

Kicking off the rest of the baggie were some parallel and insert finds,
Topps Gold with Omar Vizquel being the best of the group

Kelloggs Sport Flix. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are the taste that adults have grown to love. See what I did there?

 
The only good thing to come out of 1991 Fleer, Pro Visions. I was quite content with finding this one and the fact it's Don Mattingly for my Yankees PC

Topps Black Gold in it's glory.

And then came a 25 count plastic box,
Right on top is some Topps Gold

And here they were, all Red Sox of course for this Yankees fan. But, that's the way it goes in my area with all of the Red Sox fans here. But, I do like Wade Boggs so I didn't complain too much.

And to end it some 1994 Topps base. All of which were Red Sox.

I am not sure what she paid for the small ziplock full of cards but hopefully not too much. There were some fun finds especially the Pro Vision and especially the Kelloggs cards which I can see why so many on the blogsphere collect them. They have really grown on me this year as well.

Some of these cards I will be passing along to trader buddies while the rest I will keep for my collection.

Speaking of passing along, I hope those stones pass by weekend's end. Those are not something I want to keep for my collection. I would take all of the 1991 Fleer instead. So if any of you want some kidney stones for 91 Fleer, give me that deal all day long.

10 comments:

  1. How did my Black Gold Dutch get mixed into that baggie? Scratches chin, eyes darting back and forth... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch - hope those stones pass quickly and relatively painlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wasn't a bad baggie at all! Good on your mom-in-law for picking it up for you.

    Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel okay but really wished I would pass the stone which may react to pain again

      Delete
  4. Hope the pain meds help you get through these stones. Thoughts are with ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. So far they have just wishing they would pass

      Delete
  5. Not again! I can't imagine how much these must hurt. For what it's worth, I'm sending positive vibes your way. I can only muster up so much positivity though, so everyone else is gonna have to deal with negative vibes from me until you get better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They hurt so much it's hard to describe. Maybe getting kicked in the crotch multiple times by a mule and lighting them on fire afterwards is best description I can give.

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!