Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Welcome To The Space Jam

*feeling a little groggy from yesterday's booster shot, sits down with a cup of coffee and is ready to get a quick post up on #CardsOverCoffee*

One of the biggest movie hits of the summer has made it onto cardboard now. Upper Deck who created cards for the original Space Jam movie (I wished I had some of those) created cards for it's long awaited sequel. I think it was pretty obvious that UD would make these knowing they have the LeBron James licensing rights.

I watched this movie when it came out streaming this summer and thought it was okay.  By okay, it was better than I expected but not close to the first movie. To me nothing beats an original and I think this proves again why MJ is still better than LeBron. Not only can MJ own the court, but he can also own a movie screens.

*takes a sip*

Last week at Walmart I found a blaster box of the product sitting on the shelf. I went back and forth with myself for awhile before coming to the conclusion that I needed to break one. Not only did I want to pull an autograph, I am aiming for the Gabriel Iglesias auto, but I think the manufactured film cell cards are cool as well.

There are 6 packs of 5 cards per blaster. I didn't see the price before I scanned it but was happy to see it was only $19.98. Seems cheap in comparison to other products out there.

The base cards feature the characters from the movie as you would expect.






 

And each pack came with one of these blue parallels.

The disappointing part for me was getting two duplicates out of the thirty cards.

There is one Ready To Jam per box as well. These cards look pretty cool. I tried to capture the rainbow foil the best I could.

And then came my favorite card from the box, a Breaking The Game 3D Lenticular card. This, this is cool. If I keep losing my hair, I may look like Elmer in the near future as well.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I rate this as a lot of fun. I know it's not in the flippers checklist of products, but I wouldn't mind opening one again or chasing the Lenticular set.

In comments today, tell me your thoughts on this product, on the Space Jam movie and if you have seen this movie and your thoughts on it.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

4 comments:

  1. I did attempt to watch the movie. Fell asleep half way through and never really cared to finish it. The cards do look good. No sure how well the cards would do with the movie being just OKAY. I don't see there being a demand for these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I didn't fall asleep during it but wasn't overly impressed. 90's will always be better lol

      Delete
  2. I will need to get a box of these to break with the kids! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!