Sunday, November 14, 2021

I'm Batman

*(batman voice) pours cup, turns on laptop, sits down and checks updates on the Joker. Doesn't see any, I guess it's time for Cards Over Coffee*

I have been a Batman fan since my youth. It started with watching the 1989 Batman movie, to being heavily into Batman The Animated Series, to watching the 1966 series with my grandmother to collecting cards from and seeing Batman Returns and Batman Forever, to renting Batman and Robin on VHS, to going to the movie theaters with my Mother-In-Law to watch the Dark Knight series. If that last part doesn't tell how much I like Batman, then nothing will. 

Despite my fandom, I don't have a lot of Batman cardboard. The small amount of cards I had in my youth from Batman Forever and Batman Returns are gone. So I am basically starting from scratch with any additions I get now.

Earlier this year, Oren got me going on my Batman chase again and recently I added two more items to my collection.

*takes a sip before getting ready for a battle with The Riddler*

In 2013 Topps put together a 75th anniversary set that featured more than 100 different entertainment sets.
One of those featured The Dark Knight himself. This one isn't the base, still missing that one, but is the very sharp Rainbow Foil.

Then I found some unopened packs of 1995 Fleer Ultra Batman Forever,
 
So I grabbed one. Not sure if I will open it yet or not as it may mean more to me unopened.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post...and before I take on The Penguin!*

There is a lot of Batman sets I want to collect from the '89 Batman to Batman Returns to Batman Forever to the Dark Knight series. I do have an unopened box of Batman The Animated Series I got from my wife's uncle, but I don't plan on opening that up.

As always, I am interested in trading for needs.

By the way before I finish up today's post, I wanted to let everyone know my favorite Batman villain which is Clayface. After that, Joker comes in next (best played by Nicholson and Ledger).

And when it comes to my favorite Batman, Keaton, Kilmer and Bale played him best with Keaton holding a slight lead at the top.

In comments, let me know if you like Batman, your favorite villain, your favorite actor who portrayed Batman.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

*Coffee Card Blogger Out...until Catwoman just arrived...meoooowww*

15 comments:

  1. I say you should save that pack, at least until you can pick up a few more.

    I'm not much of a superhero/comic book guy, so I don't have a favorite Batman villain or actor who portrayed Batman. However, I do remember enjoying "Batman: the Animated Series" back in the early 1990s. Excellent artwork and story lines. I can hear the theme song now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did save the pack and didn't open it. At least for now. Hoping to grab another and then I might.

      Delete
  2. I'm a huge fan of Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, so I guess Bale would be my favorite. That being said, I was most excited for the 1989 film. Watched it a bunch of times the summer before my senior year and plan to watch it again over Thanksgiving break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched the 89 in awhile. Thinking its time again.

      Delete
  3. Batman us my favorite super hero, and like you, Clayface then Mr. Freeze my favorite villains. My favorite series is The Animated Batman. I have most of those card sets and a few autographs of the voice actors. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I have all the first run of action figures as well.

      Delete
    2. wooooooooooooooooooooooooooww. I have been wanting a few of the figures again. Especically Clay Face. He has been on my ebay watch list for years.

      Delete
  4. Batman Series from the 60s! I've only learned to enjoy it as an adult. As a youth in the 80s, I thought it was dumb. Now a mature adult, I realize it's a campy, colorful good time. That rainbow foil is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same way when I saw it. I really enjoy it now.

      Delete
  5. The Ridler was always my favorite, thanks to Frank Gorshen's portrayal on the original TV show. Favorite Batman is Michael Keaton, but I Christian Bale was a better Bruce Wayne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Batman has been my go to superhero for pretty much all of my life. And that foil looks really sharp, I just recently got the X-Files one from that set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its another fun set, sort of like Topps American Pie

      Delete
  7. I am also a Batman fan, but more from the comic book side them the movie. My favorite villains are Scarecrow and the Freeze. You should check out the White Knight comics. It is a great story. We seem to have a lot of similar interest, so you may like them. I posted a while back on by blog meeting Sean Murphy and get a signed print and some comics signed (the comics were signed for free).

    Check it out, maybe it will get you into that story line: https://caliscards.wordpress.com/2021/08/07/batman-white-knight-signed-by-artist-writer-sean-murphy/

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!