Saturday, November 6, 2021

It's November, Time For Christmas!

*gets ready with cup of coffee in hand for a new post on #CardsOverCoffee. Sits down, let's do this*

Just like with Cinderella, my pumpkin on October 31st at midnight turns into a Christmas tree.

As many know, I love Christmas. It's my favorite time of year. The music, the lights, the food, the family, the joy, the birth of Jesus, the giving, it's a pretty special time of the year. My celebration of the holiday always begins early as I slowly take down my fall decorations and replace them with Christmas ones. It's a month long lead up to December.

My wife and I are all done Christmas shopping as well, got done a few weeks ago actually, and we have begun to think about wrapping some of it up. But, for that to happen, it needs to have the right feeling.
 

You know...snow and Christmas music....and as you can see.....we got a little done. The snow didn't stay too long though, but it was fun to see. (remind me I said this in January when I am suffering with winter depression)

My wife also gave me an early Christmas present when we were getting gifts sorted out.
A new treasured shirt from my favorite all-time movie National Lampoon Christmas Vacation. One of the greatest lines from the movie. I am always up to adding new memorabilia from the movie whether it's cards, photos, shirts or Hallmark Ornaments.

*takes a sip, begins to show off some new Holiday Card additions*

Last year was the first time I took my passion for Christmas and combined it with cardboard. I aim for anything that is Christmas related such as the old Pro Set Santa's, Topps and Bowman Holiday Santa/Elf/etc bonus cards along with the Sp's (candy cane bats kinda thing) snowflake parallels and especially Santa Hat cards which are my favorite.

I had only ever seen Upper Deck and Panini produce Santa Hat relic cards up until today when I recently discovered that Playoff created a few.

Upon doing some research, I can't figure out how these cards got out to collectors hands. Maybe they were given to employees, maybe a hobby shop give away, not sure. But, I will say they are pretty cool and limited.

They are also huge. These are not normal card size, more like the size of a literal Christmas card.
So it filled up my lightbox. I like the the relics swatches on this one as it's the "fluffy" part of the Santa hat.

The dual relic only has 50 made of them. 

This one is a quad relic with the usual red relics of the hat.

I found it odd that the quad is /100 but dual is /50. Unless the duals are considered to have "prime" relics. Who knows.

If you have any information on these cards, let me know in comments. Also, have any Christmas cards I may be interested in? Drop me an email!

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I haven't decorated much yet this year, but I think this weekend may change things. I am still a little sick so that may put a damper on things. I also may try to push through as I need to get my lights in the ground before it freezes.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

In comments, are you a big Christmas fan? Put up decorations early? What's your favorite part about Christmas?

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

8 comments:

  1. I love Christmas. I think it was more important to me when I was younger, because of the gifts and family time. These days... I enjoy it more for the two week vacation. As for decorations, I will put up my "card" tree once or twice a decade... otherwise I don't usually decorate my place outside of hanging up Christmas cards I receive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get Christmas cards?! Doesn't seem like anyone does them anymore.

      Delete
    2. Most of them are the friends and family ones... where they have collages and a simple note. I probably receive 10 to 15 each year... and those don't include the traditional cards I receive from my students. But I hang them up on my whiteboard in the classroom, not at my house.

      Delete
    3. I hope to get some this year, not a single one yet but who knows!

      Delete
  2. Traditionalist at Christmas, don't recognize it until after Thanksgiving, the only thing that goes up a little early are the lights outside to take advantage of better weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be that way, but especially the last two years the joy of Christmas makes things better with all that is going on in the real world.

      Delete
  3. I'll go crazy with the decorations sometime around Thanksgiving, until then I still have to take down all of the Halloween stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already took mine down and am ready for my Christmas to go up

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!