Friday, March 4, 2022

Wallet Card: 7 Years Later

*some like their coffee in the morning and some like myself, like it all day long. so here I am this afternoon sipping on a cup and getting ready for the latest #CardsOverCoffee post*

Back in January of 2015, Gavin over at Baseball Card Breakdown created a fun game for Bloggers or whoever wanted to join in, where you carry a sport card around in your wallet and take pictures with it on your journeys in a year. He called it, The Game Of Wallet Card.

I thought it sounded like a lot of fun, so I wanted to join in but would however have to find a card that I wouldn't mind seeing ruined. My hobby OCD couldn't have handled taking a PC card and destroying it even though the rules stated, "It should be a card that makes you smile every time you see it, since you'll probably be seeing a lot of it"

So, even though I chose some random card I didn't mind getting ruined, I tried to find one with some relevancy to it.

I chose this Fleer '91 base card of coach Orlando Magic coach Matt Guokas. I guess with my name being Matt G, I thought that worked pretty well. And I thought the coaches face kind of captured someone who would look trapped in a wallet.

This card traveled with me for the year of the game, and I took some pictures along the way and posted them. What I didn't realize is, the card continued to travel with me until recently.

*takes a sip before continuing on with today's post*

I don't use my wallet very much other than to carry my license, my wife is the Financial Advisor in the family, so it stays in my pants pocket all of the time. The other day I had to actually take it out and open it since I got a new license to replace the old one. I saw something blue poking out and that's when I realized, the Wallet Card was still making its round in my wallet seven years later.

I carefully took the card out just in case it crumbled apart, but it was still together.

But, definitely not as mint as it used to be. Though I bet some grading companies would still call it that :) I also hope none of you are disappointed there are no coffee stains.

You're probably wondering what did I do next, toss it? Nope, I stuck it back in my wallet. I figured at this point; it will be interesting to see what another seven years does to it.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I think it would be fun to re-start the Wallet Card game back up again. Would love to see photos across the country of where your wallet card goes.

Maybe after reading this post, it will inspire Gavin to do another one.

Thoughts on Wallet Card Game and if you participated the first time and if you still have your wallet card in your wallet or out of it.

Have a great Friday and weekend.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

8 comments:

  1. I'd do a wallet card, but I never go anywhere fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't either. Mine would be photos around my house lol

      Delete
  2. I haven't carried a wallet in years. And even if I did, I wouldn't want to be carrying anything that I didn't need in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Card looks great, Matt! That's crazy you never go and buy yourself anything.. like what about a coffee from a coffee shop? Doesn't seem healthy to only open your wallet when swapping out your renewed license! LOL

    I still do an annual wallet card and try to remember to take pics if I'm in an interesting setting. I've got a vacation coming up in Chicago this summer and will likely take some wallet card photos there and get a blog post out of it.

    Thanks for your help keeping the Game of Wallet Card going, even if you did kinda forget about it for a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife has apps for the coffee!! lol.

      I think it would be fun to continue Wallet Card all across the blogs

      Delete
  4. My wallet card is four years old. Originally, I wanted to swap it out every year... but my 86T Gwynn doesn't want to leave its home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It needs to stay in there at this point.

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!