Saturday, August 5, 2023

Coffee With Matchbox 20

*sits down, turns on some music from Matchbox 20 and gets ready for a new post on Cards Over Coffee*

The last year or so, I have been chasing down autographs from singers and have added one from Taylor Swift, Mandy Moore, and Elton John to name a few of the recent ones. Somewhere I also have one from the drummer of Train.

I think Facebook knew this when they put an ad up for the new Matchbox 20 album that the preorder came with, you guessed it, an autograph album cover.

I haven't heard any of Matchbox 20's newest tunes, but really, really love their older stuff. 

*takes a sip, begins to hum an older matchbox 20 tune..okay...wasn't humming was doing best to sing it and was glad that nobody was around to listen*

*takes another sip from dry mouth of "singing'*

Not hearing their newer music wasn't going to stop me from taking advantage of being able to add their autograph to my collection. Especially since a lot of their older songs bring me a lot of nostalgia and memories.

Here is their new album.

 
and the autographed album cover. Really cool.

I am glad that the autograph came separately so I can listen to the CD without messing with the autograph. Maybe I will find a song or two that catches me.

If not, I still have plenty of other Matchbox 20 songs that I enjoy including,
Back2Good
Push
3AM
Real World
How Far We've Come
These Hard Times
Bent
If You're Gone
Unwell

This is not all of them, but just the more important ones to me. I even liked a few of the Rob Thomas solo songs.

I am very happy with my latest addition, and I am always on the lookout for the next one. Maybe Facebook will read this post and help me discover my next. We all know they are paying attention.

In comments today, let me know your favorite Matchbox 20 song and if you have added any musical autographs to your collection recently.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

*takes a final sip*

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

12 comments:

  1. I don't really have a favorite Matchbox 20 song and I don't have any musical autographs. I did take a final sip, so I need a refill. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should add some musical autographs, they are fun!

      Delete
  2. My wife just saw them perform last week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never took the route of getting signed albums/cd jackets, but I love the idea. Those look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would rather have cards, but sometimes this is the only way to get them

      Delete
  4. Had to look up their best songs... and was familiar with several. Can't say that I'm a big fan... but don't hate them either. As for music artist autos... I added a signed CD of this Hawaiian group that my parents had. Pretty sure that's my most recent addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think adding musical autographs is fun, also very nostalgic

      Delete
  5. Those classic Matchbox 20 songs were during my college years so they're all good with me. Great pickup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were great songs and must have made your college years better

      Delete
  6. Super jealous! They're one of my favorite bands. Have to see if I can get one now 🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to! I am sure some must be listed on eBay

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!