Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Wow

*sits down, takes a look at today's cards and jaw drops again. pushes jaw back up, inserts coffee, keeps jaw closed with hand*

*takes another sip*

I had no idea what direction to go with today's post. Do I talk about Twitter and how helpful that has been towards my collection? Do I talk about the friendships I have made in the hobby? Discussion on trades and their impact in my collecting process this year with my financial situation? Do I turn this to a Finished Cup post? Or do I simply just say Wow and go from there.

I went with the latter.

Wow was the only reaction I could have when I got a PWE in the mail from Twitter pal, @mcfarm21.

*risks taking a gulp trying not to choke when looking at the cards again*

Rick saw my Cards Over Coffee Unfinished Cup post of 1995 Topps Air Raid and looked in his collection to see if he had my missing piece.   
Which he did. I wasn't surprised though as he has a lot of great 90's inserts.

The back of the card. What are the odds the last card I needed was the last card in the set? I didn't even think about that until this post.

This is why I said this post could have become a Finished Cup post. But, I couldn't do that. He had snuck another surprise in there with this card.
 
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Rick has known for a while I have wanted this card from him for my Hall Of Famer/90's autograph collection and he just snuck that in there.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Can't believe he did that!

Thanks again Rick for this mail day. Finishing off a set and a huge autograph need on my Hall Of Fame list is HUGE and I am overly happy and appreciative for it.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I am glad that I decided to start posting my set needs on my blog as it has been very helpful for me. I have finished off a couple sets because of it. (thank you to those who have helped!!!)

If you are also curious what remains on my want list for autographs, here is my updated list and some I know I will never land, but they are on there anyways,
  • Sammy Sosa Auto Card (no TTM or IP)
  • Barry Bonds Auto Card (no TTM or IP)
  • Tino Martinez Auto Card (Yanks uni only and no TTM or IP)
  • Mariano Rivera Auto Card (no TTM or IP)
  • Tim Duncan Auto Card (no TTM or IP)
  • Patrick Ewing Auto Card (no TTM or IP)
  • Paul Pierce Auto Card (no TTM or IP)
  • Kevin Garnett Auto Card (no TTM or IP)
  • Tom Brady Auto Card (no TTM or IP)
  • Randy Moss Auto Card (no TTM or IP)
  • Steve McNair Auto Card (no TTM or IP)
  • Jamal Lewis Auto Card (no TTM or IP)
  • Donovan McNabb Auto Card (no TTM or IP)
  • Corey Dillion Auto Card (no TTM or IP)
  • Tony Gonzalez Auto Card (no TTM or IP)
  • Ike Hilliard Auto Card (no TTM or IP)
  • Marvin Harrison Auto Card (no TTM or IP)
  • Patrick Mahomes Autograph Card (no TTM or IP)
  • Wayne Gretzky Auto Card (no TTM or IP)
  • Mario Lemieux Auto Card (no TTM or IP)

There you have it. My remaining autograph needs.

Thanks agin to Rick for helping knock another one down.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

5 comments:

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!