Monday, June 26, 2023

UNfinished Cup:1995 Topps Air Raid

 *coffee is hot, the only kind of coffee I like. sits down, takes a sip and gets ready for a new cards over coffee*

I know some of you were hoping for the next post in my Trip Of A Lifetime, but, I thought I would mix some cards in with those posts so wanted to tackle my next post in my Unfinished Cup series.

Today I am showing off the 1995 Topps Air Raid cards.

These cards were inserted 1:20 packs in 1995 Topps Series 2 and features 10 of the greatest QB/WR combos in the NFL. Somehow the Giants made this set with Dave Brown/Mike Sherrard, I am not complaining though, just sayin'.

The card features a shiny attractive front.

  
And the back features some bombs away! Football bombs that is.

This Elway/Sharpe connection was quite a lethal one back in the 90's. This card was also my latest one towards the set which I am now only one card away from completing. I am in need of the Troy Aikman/Michael Irvin card which is oddly also the last card in the set.

Do you have my final card? Let me know!

Thoughts on my latest set chase welcomed in comments.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your coffee and your Monday.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

5 comments:

  1. The only kind of coffee I like is cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooooo!! I used to like iced coffee, but the ice melts too fast so you get water. If I can get ice coffee without the ice i am in

      Delete
  2. I just checked. I don't have any from this insert set. Sorry. Nice shiny cards. I think I need a refill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when Topps went through a phase where they used this holographic foil for a bunch of their insert sets back in the 90's. I'm kind of surprised that they haven't gone back and tried to replicate it for today's inserts.

    P.S. I like hot and cold coffee... but not a big fan of luke warm coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!