Thursday, June 29, 2023

Reaching 200

*sits down, takes a sip and gets ready for a new post on Cards Over Coffee*

*takes another sip for a celebratory post*

Four days in a row with posts, I know, I didn't expect this either. But, I took some time out to get this done and caught up. I hope you have your coffee and are enjoying this streak.

*takes a sip*

Today marks the day I hit 200 Amani Toomers, well, once I enter them on TCDB. Which I believe moves me up a few spots as well. But, I am still far from the top.

As always, when I get close to a milestone, I try to make the milestone card something cool.

Let's check it out.

 
My first pickup, card #196, was this 2002 Leaf Certified Fabric Of The Game. Remember when Jersey Cards were game worn?


Card #197 was this dual patch card from 2001 Titanium.

Card #198 is Score The Franchise which I landed for .38. You read that right.

I went a little bigger with card #199. This is a 1996 Ultra Sensations Rainbow parallel. Reportedly, the Rainbow cards were one percent of the total print run. I have never found the Rodney Hampton which is the only one I am missing.

And now Card #200....
 
2004 Absolute Memorabilia Ground Hoggs Game Used Shoe. As soon as I spotted this, I wanted it. And you can see the actual game used part of this.

And that's what I am talking about when it comes to a bigger card for the milestone. 

I am also talking about this mornings cup of coffee which is spot on. Some days it is, others it is not.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I have since added a few more Toomers, so I will see where I am at and now am on the chase for 250. I will wait on adding the cooler card once I reach 300.

Thoughts on my milestone, the cards and what player milestone you are chasing next welcomed in comments.

Hope everyone has a great day.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

3 comments:

  1. Amani was definitely a Toomer as a college player did he really even attempt to playing a descent school if that can clearly say that they deserve to be called a University. Afterall where he attended can't say they won regular AP/UPI National Championship, a BCS Championship, & Lately that a College Tournament Championship instead they whine about their current Head coach is momma dressing up in Khakis pants no excuse of an institution & has only 3 Heisman Trophy winners saying they are the best puh-leaze get a clue Afterall his college colors were Corn & Bleah. Congrats on #200 Matt you have a better chance of getting #500 before his Alma mater wins any National Championship games in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I hope to get to 250 next but 500 would be great

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on reaching the 200 milestone on your Toomer collection. I pretty much just go with the flow with my player and team collections... and since I don't have any of them in a database (outside of my Largent PC)... I don't really know how many of each I own. But every now and then I'll come up with a milestone and shoot for it. For example... there was a time when I wanted 19 certified pack pulled on-card autographs of Tony Gwynn and 24 Rickey Henderson autographs.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!