Sunday, September 8, 2024

It's Game Day!

*early hopeful winning cup of coffee? yes*

*cards ready, coffee is being sipped and it's time for some Cards Over Coffee!*


*jalepeno cream cheesed bagel is ready as well*

It's Game Day!

The NFL is finally back and I am so excited to be able to watch some sports on TV again. I am not a big baseball person anymore; Olympics don't quite hit the spot either and I don't care for college football so here we are.

I am bleeding blue ready.

I have added quite a few Giants cards over the past month that I have been waiting for today to show off.

So let's kick if off (see what I did there) with some Tommy D.

*takes a bite, takes a sip*

Tommy Devito came off the bench last season as a third string QB when the Giants had injuries to both Daniel Jones and Tyrod Taylor and took the league by storm. I compare it to the "Hawk Tuah" hype with "Tommy Cutlets".

He won three straight starts and actually had the Giants in playoff run position despite how terrible they were last year. He struggled against the Saints before playing very poorly against the Eagles then was benched rest of the year. 

It doesn't mean he can't come back this year and play if Jones struggles. Either way, I bought into the hype and like the underdog story with him.

This is my PC so far,









It will be interesting how the QB situation turns out this week.

Victor Cruz autograph. One of my Top 10 favorite Giants players all-time.

Malik Nabers Dino-Might. Say what you want about Leaf, these are super cool! I want to collect all of the other Dinos as well in this series.

 
This is the best patch card in my collection of Toomer. Prestige Prestigous Pro /15.


A couple of shiny Hyatts. I think he shines this year if the QB play is up to par especially with the focus being on Nabers.


Deonte Banks shiny cards. Could be one of the top corners in the league.

 
Jones team color match parallel from Illusions. This season all depends on his play.

I have more G-men on the Way, especially Eli Mannings who I am chasing the 1100 area.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I don't know what to think about this season. Better oline, better defense, better weapons, no Saquon and same QB. This is tough. I think today against the Vikings will set the pace for the season. To me, it's a must and should be win against Sam Darnold. 

But with this team, there are no guarantees....except some form of disappointment.

Happy football day.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

4 comments:

  1. Not a fan of the Vikings... so I'll be rooting for your G-Men today. Go Giants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you that those are very nice cards and coffee is great. I do disagree on the choice of teams for today's game. I have been a Vikings fan since the day they were formed. I was born in Minnesota and have lived there for 55 of my almost 62 years of life. All my favorite teams are Minnesota teams. So just for this one item today we will disagree. SKOL Vikings, Let's go!! Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!