Wednesday, September 4, 2024

I'm Back

*sits down with hot coffee and some cards*

*takes sip*

*cards over coffee time commences*

Sorry that I have been missing in action on here. I have always said that family comes first, and they do.

Now that things have slowed down a little, very little, it gave me a gap in time to enjoy some cards and some coffee. Not that I haven't had my share of coffee the last few weeks.

But, that's not Cards Over Coffee.

*takes a sip*

I was able to enjoy a few things the last couple of weeks that signals that fall is in full force now.

First, I went to a high school football game at my alma mata. They lost, but it was still a fun watch (sorry for no pictures on that as I know the school frowns on photos, and I don't feel like getting sued right now with all of my other issues)
I visited and picked apples at an orchard. I figure some will be for eating, some for pie and some for bread. The taste of the fall other than pumpkin spice is apple.

At the orchard they also had some animals. I know my wife has called me one of these a few times. I am talking about a Jack people. A male. I am not sure what you were thinking (though you are definitely right if you thought what I think you are thinking)

 
Hit up a corn maze! My first one in over 15 years. I had a lot of fun, got lost a few times, then found myself. Sounds like a metaphor for life.

 
I did not though take an Emergency Exit once. I put in the valiant effort. The fun thing about this maze was that it gave you clues at each station number throughout. Your clues were answers to questions on a sheet. There were 5 different sheets to choose from in which I chose the sports one where the first question was, how many championships did MJ win with the Bulls? They weren't all easy like that, but I knew about 8 of the 10.

In this same time frame, I got a mail day that's been waiting to be posted from Dion's Autograph collection.

*takes a sip*

Dion and myself pulled off another 2 PWE trade and I landed myself a good variety of cards.

First up, some random Allen And Ginter base/insert cards,






Then some newer G-Men since my collection lacks a lot of newer stuff.
(you better ball out Jones)

(I will collect you in blue still)

(big season upcoming?)

(shake it Dexy!)

(best linebacker in the NFL)

(underrated NFL WR)

Thanks again to Dion for our latest trade, hopefully another one coming up soon.

 
And now I am ringing the victory bell. It's the end of the corn maze and the end of today's post.

Have a happy Wednesday.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Without the sport clues I wouldn't have survied either lol

      Delete
  2. I like corn mazes that have three stalks or less! I can always find my way out of those. Good to hear from you again. I need a refill. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't been to a high school football game or corn maze in decades. Both sound like a lot of fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been in a corn maze, but would totally give it a go if ever presented the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to think of a school that wouldn't want you taking pictures of a high school football game. Sounds odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It because the other parents may not want their kids photos to be posted. It wasn't that I didn't or couldn't take some, because I did, I just can't post them

      Delete
  6. Coincidentally found myself at an orchard and corn maze today! Decidedly less complicated than the one you went to but fun nonetheless. Brought some apple cider doughnuts for emergency purposes. I think we made it through half the bag before we found the exit.

    https://mountainorchards.ca/wp-content/uploads/2024/08/2024CornMazeFixed-1024x576.jpg

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!