Sunday, August 30, 2026

It's The Most Valuable To Me

When thinking about memorabilia and protecting it, I think most people/collectors will immediately think about something signed, game worn or game used such as a foul ball.

But, how often do you think about other memorabilia? The stuff that has more meaning and value than the first items I mentioned.

Don't know what I am talking about? Well, think about this....you go to your daughters softball game. She makes the game winning hit and is handed the game winning ball afterwards. What do you do with such an item? Toss it into a box? Leave it on a shelf somewhere to collect dust?

What about that game winning touchdown your son had in the big championship game and was awarded the football he caught? Do you leave that out for the elements to do their thing to it? Toss it into a tote?

How about coaching your very first AAU basketball team and the team you worked hard to coach wins the Sportsmanship Award and you are handed a special basketball to commemorate that experience. What happens to it next? Tossed aside? Left in the corner of your desk?

These are items you can only ever have once. ONCE. You won't get another. You can replace any signed memorabilia or that kind of memorabilia by buying another. But, you can't replace these special moments memorabilia so why nor protect it.

Since that last example was directly about me and my AAU team, that's exactly what I hoped to do with that special basketball that I won't ever get another of.

I went and hit up BCW Supplies since that is where I grab my card supplies and checked to see what they offered for cases for basketballs.

Within seconds of searching, I found exactly what I wanted which was this Basketball Showcase UV display case.

 
It is stunningly crystal clear and has the perfect size to it.

And the basketball that I had fit perfectly on the black stand that was included,

The case is a simple slide together cube design that any collector can assemble. The UV coating on the thick polystyrene plastic helps protect it from light damage and the case overall keeps out the dirt and other elements that can hurt any special piece.

Once the basketball and other items were in place,  I slid the two sides together...

Check out this beauty! I added the basketball, a business card of the people who ran the tournament and on the side and out of focus/on the side is a team picture of the girls I coached. (for privacy I didn't show a picture of that side).

This is proudly displayed in my bedroom. One of the coolest pieces I own.

If you are looking for a basketball ball display exactly like mine, you can find it HERE. Before paying, don't forget to write in Matt10 to save yourself 10% off your order! You can find other protection displays on their website as well right HERE. Once again, don't forget to use Matt10 to save 10% off!

I don't know about you, but autograph memorabilia is nice and all, but items like this basketball is what's most valuable to me.

Protect it just like it was your child.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!