Saturday, May 21, 2022

A Pick Me Up

*takes a sip, sits down to get ready for another Cards Over Coffee post*

*makes sure Kleenex box is still nearby*

I am sure you are sick of hearing about me being sick for the last couple of weeks, but here we go again. I am on the mend finally, but still have some lingering symptoms. 

I can assure you this much, if you haven't had Covid, you won't want it.

*takes a sip*

*blows nose*

*takes another sip and returns to today's post*

My mail box has been extremely slow this past week with no cards incoming, until yesterday in which a surprise envelope arrived from blog reader Oren.

Since this envelope was a surprise, this meant that the contents were as well. This wasn't the typical trade where he lets me know ahead of time what is being sent. My curiosity was at an all-time high and I ripped into it.

I was greeted immediately with a note that stated this was a pick-me-up mail day since I wasn't feeling well.
Then I was greeted with some Seasons Greetings from Florida and Kadarius Toney. What I wouldn't do to be on the beach in Florida. Maybe some day.

The next card was full on Dufex with Future Force of Garrison Hearst. I hadn't seen one of these inserts before and are from 1994 Select.

A Trevor Zegras rookie card from NHCD. (I had to smile at this as Oren continues to hook me in on hockey)

Rookie Rewind of Bryant Reeves. If this card doesn't scream 90's, not sure what card does.

And my final two cards were from Fleer Tradition.

They were Great Expectations inserts of,
Shareef Abdur-Rahim (is it just me or did I pull a lot of cards from this guy back then)

 
And Tim Duncan.

I really liked the design on those.

Thanks again to Oren for the pick-me-up mail day. I really enjoyed it and it means a lot. Of course I always appreciate the friendship as well.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

Before closing today, I wanted to take some time out to thank the rest of you who came on here and on Twitter and wished me well. Every thought matters.

Thoughts on my mail day welcomed in comments.

Have a Super Saturday.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

6 comments:

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!