Sunday, May 1, 2022

Unfinished Cup:1998 E-X2001 Baseball Base Set

*the sun is shining, the temps are supposed to hit 60 today, so may take this computer outside to finish today's post at some point. for now, sits down, gets ready for a new Cards Over Coffee post*

Hey! It's already May! I don't know about you guys, but this year has gone by really fast. Before we know it, I will be doing my Christmas posts on here. And no, I am not hurrying that up though I do love me some Christmas.

*takes a sip, thinks about Christmas..no no no....I need some sunshine and wiffle ball first*

Well, the point of this series so far hasn't worked out like I had hope since I thought it would help me tackle some set needs, but I plan to continue it in hopes that it will. I am currently chasing close to 100 sets so I am hoping someone somewhere may have some help for me.

Today, I take a look at the next E-X sets I am close on. The first one was this 1997 E-X2000 baseball that I am only ONE card away from, and today's is the set following up that one in 1998 E-X2001 baseball.

I have been building this set since 1998 and it would be nice to finally finish it up. It was my second favorite design from the 90's E-X series.

Here is what I have remaining,
 
2,7,9,10,15,17,19,20,22,30,32,39,43,64,66,91,93,97,100 (updated July 12th 2022)

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

There you have it. Have any of these or any cards from the other posts in this series? Let me know in comments or email me at sportcardcollectors@hotmail.com. 

Have a Super Sunday!

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

6 comments:

  1. Is your want list on TCDB by chance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not. Just the one above is all i have

      Delete
  2. Best of luck with this set. I really like 90's EX acetate sets. Have you looked on eBay to see if anyone has any starter lots? I know some people prefer to trade, but a solid starter lot might be able to cut this list in half and speed up the set build. Then again... maybe one of your readers has a stack of these in the trade boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also worked on EX [for 7 years,] among favorite sets, E-motion 95 / 96 EX / 97 EX-2000 / 98 -EX-2001 / 99 EX Century / 00 EX / 01 EX. Also need about 5 cards each to complete 96-97-98. I have a lot of doubles I have 3 cards for you for 97, and 12 cards for you for 98. Bob ["Abide" on TCDb / Sports Card Forum / Freedom Cardboard or b_gutterman@yahoo.com]

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!