Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Another HOFer Knocked Down

*sits down, takes a sip and gets ready for a new post on cards over coffee*

I always feel bad when I sit on a mail day for so long without posting about it, but, as we all know life gets in the way.

It's not that the mail day isn't appreciated by any means, especially one like today's, it just happens.

Today's mail day is from my buddy @CardpocalypseNC on Twitter who hit me up with a really nice mail day in our latest trade.

*takes a sip before moving on with today's post*

I would call this a yearlong trade and there were more cards than I am showing involved in this trade, but I am only posting the key cards in it.

Kerry Collins refractor /250. Always like a hard to find refractor for my key PC's.

It's a Anna Kournikova card, do I need a reason?

1997 Fleer Metal Universe base card of Jim Harbaugh. I haven't seen this one before, but it has a Halloween feel to it.

For my next card, if you didn't know already, I have been chasing all of the RL Stine cards from 2020 Allen Ginter. RL is the reason I am writing today as he was my biggest inspiration growing up.

This is a 1/1, my first 1/1 of his, Topps Vault Blank Back card.

I believe this is also my first Topps Vault card.

My final card has been sitting on my want list for so, so long and now I have it....
Jim Kelly autograph! I finally get to knock it off of my HOFer autograph list. I still have more to go, but it always feels nice to have one down. It has been a while since I was last able to do so.

Thanks again to Tim again for the trade.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

Tim's mail day is one of many I have in drafts that really need to be published and shared. It's just finding the time to do so and over the next few weeks my time will be very tight. I do have some posts already put together to cover me for the next few weeks or you guys would be cup-less otherwise.

Thoughts on my mail day welcomed in comments today.

Have a terrific Tuesday.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

6 comments:

  1. Laserview Inscriptions! I love those and that Kelly is awesome. Nice Collins and Harbaugh too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! The Harbaugh is quite the great looking card.

      Delete
  2. Nice auto of Bills legend Jim Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad to finally have him knocked down!

      Delete
  3. I love the Laserview Inscriptions autographs! I've thought about building that set... but I think the ones I have (Favre, Sanders, Rice, and Mirer) are slowly fading over time. Looks like your Kelly is fresh out of the pack though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my biggest concern with this card. I may have to get another Kelly at some point. I have a Grbac and Jeff George that is fading.

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!