Saturday, December 9, 2023

90's On The 9th:1994 TCM Santa Around The World Pack Break

*takes a sip, gets ready for today's 90's on the 9th*

16 DAYS TIL CHRISTMAS

I can't believe we are only 16 days til Christmas. Luckily for me, I am well prepared and all wrapped. It's go time baby!

Today I am doing my very first pack break in this segment while also doing the very first Christmas 90's On The 9th as well. Even though this segment lags when it comes to views and comments, I will continue it on for at least this month.

*takes a sip*

Last Christmas I was mailed, hold on a second you probably thought I was going to sing the Wham song right? Well, I was humming it but today isn't a singing or lyrical post.

I am strictly opening a pack of 1994 TCM Santa Around the World that I was mailed five packs of last Christmas by the legendary Wes.

Here is what the packs look like. I honestly am hoping for a Gold Foil Santa. How cool would that be?

Each pack comes with 8 cards. The cards have a green border with a mistletoe in the corner and a candy cane down one side.

The 72 card set covers late-19th Century to mid-20th Century Santa paintings from different parts of the world. Those parts include, USA, Holland, Asia, France, Germany, Switzerland, England, Belgium, Mexico, and Scandanavia.

Let's see how it goes,






 

While the fronts capture these paintings, the backs form a 70-card puzzle image of a Santa Bear.

Sorry for not picturing those.

No gold Santa in this pack, maybe the next one will as Wes sent along 5 packs. Maybe I will open one next year.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

That was a fun break, especially looking at the different images painted and used on the cards.

Hope everyone reading this today has a great Saturday and weekend.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

8 comments:

  1. I like sets like this. It looks like they took postcards and shrunk them down.

    I am almost finished with shopping but nothing is wrapped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought about them as post cards. That's a good take.

      Delete
  2. Interesting variety and contrasting styles between the countries and years. Have a great weekend. Coffee up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was hoping to there was a Japanese Santa in the set... but the closest thing is an Asian Santa... and he doesn't look very Japanese 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I think there is more than one set so maybe that one has one

      Delete
  4. That was neat departure from the usual Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!