Saturday, December 2, 2023

Hanging Up The Ornaments

*sits down, has coffee ready and is ready for today's new post on Cards Over Coffee*

23 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS

Every year I put up my Christmas decorations early usually around the second week of November. Don't roll your eyes at me.

I do this for a few reasons. One, it takes a really long time to get everything dug out and put up. Two, I don't usually turn the lights on/etc until it gets closer to Thanksgiving. Three, I take everything down on December 26th because Christmas is over and it's time to countdown to spring. Four, I simply love Christmas and want to enjoy my decorations as long as I can....as long as it's before Christmas.

When it comes to my Tree though, I don't put that up until Thanksgiving night.

*takes a sip*

There was a time I would get a fresh Christmas Tree, but after years of cleaning up needles and seeing the prices go way up, I ended up investing in a fake tree that already has the lights built in. Even though it doesn't have that same feel or Christmas scent, it still is pretty.

This year though, I decided to actually cut back on so many decorations including ornaments on my tree. I have never not put ornaments on my tree, but this year, I wasn't feeling it and I think it looks good as is.

Even if I had put ornaments on the tree, I wouldn't have hung up my Topps ones from Topps Holiday. I would rather keep them safe from any tree damage...or cats.

I don't have a lot of the ornaments, just ones I have traded for, but here is my ranking in terms of design for the ones I do have.
3. 2020 version. Not a lot of pop to these, but they are shaped like an ornament so I will give them that.

2. 2021. Definitely a huge improvement over 2020. Added shine, I like the die-cut star. 

 
1. 2022 is a beautiful design. I am not sure if they can top this one. Christmas tree die-cut, full of color, beautiful.

I still need to add a 2023 ornament to my collection, but from a distance look at it, it doesn't top number one and not sure if it even gets by number two on my list. 

Definitely beats out number three though.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

My tree is lit brightly every night now and my outside lights as well. Things are beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....everywhere in my house I go.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday. In comments let me know when you decorate and take down your decorations.

Also, your favorite design for the Topps Ornaments above and your favorite ornament you put on your tree and why.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

6 comments:

  1. Lights are on and tree is up. I don't have any Topps ornaments. I may need to check into that. The coffee is good with Peppermint Mocha creamer. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you need some Topps ornaments now too!

      Delete
  2. Those remind me of the old Pacific ornaments, the trees are particularly nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will say the pacific ones are way cooler but the tree design is great

      Delete
  3. I haven't put up a tree in a few years and other than cards, I don't have any ornaments. So no favorites. But between the four Topps Holiday ornament designs, I like the 2022 design the best too. I do think that the four designs do compliment each other very well though and it'd be cool to decorate a tree with a variety of ornaments from these sets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hobby ocd wouldn't allow me to damage them

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!