Thursday, June 27, 2024

Getting Bent Over By The USPS

Coffee is as hot and angry as I am this morning.

This just means it's time for a new, rant edition of #CardsOverCoffee.

*takes an angry sip*

Is it just me...or is the USPS having some serious issues in the last couple of months?

Let's see....
  • They have lost 4 PWE's I had incoming.
  • They made a couple of my PWE's disappear into thin air and then reappear to my recipient 6 to 7 weeks later than expected.
  • Mail is slow both receiving and sending
  • Some mail has come partially opened
  • And finally...the first case of this...damaged mail
This is what happened with my recent mail day trade with blog reader and friend, Oren.

*takes another angry sip*

Not all of my cards were damaged that came from Oren in this trade.



These three 2015 Americana base were fine. I still need to see if I have a complete set of this or maybe more than one. I opened a ton of it.

John McAfee is a businessman and a two-time presidential candidate.

Fans Of The Game of Sam Bradford. If you don't remember Sam, he was mainly known/drafted/played for the Rams from 2010-2014. He was the OROY in 2010.

I don't know who Riff Raff is or his songs, but digging his style.

Bri Baker was a contestant on Master Chef. I like anything that has to do with food, especially food that goes well with coffee.

 
I had to Google Robert Pollard. I had no idea who he was. He is a musician for the group, Guided By Voices. Have never heard of them.

I still haven't watched a single episode of Stranger Things, but sounds like I need to. Mix of 80's nostalgia and monsters.....yup...right up my alley.

 
Lana Turner relic was the surprise of the trade. Oren occasionally throws a blind curveball into our trades. Lana was one of the highest paid actresses in the 1940's. Can't say I have ever seen anything she was in, but this is still a very exciting PC add.

And now...here's the part I get bent over by the USPS. And not in the Matchbox 20 way.
2 cards were badly bent.

And bent so bad they were creased.


And sadly unsavable. I really liked these too!

Thanks USPS. This is sarcasm.

Thanks to Oren for the trade!! This was not sarcasm.

I had to make sure I clarified that because sometimes you can read someone's reaction through a keyboard.

*takes another angry sip before finishing up today's post*

It has gotten so bad with the USPS, that I am now at the point that I worry about anything coming and going from my house. I constantly am checking with people I mail to just to make sure their package or PWE arrived. It shouldn't be like that. It didn't used to be like that. 

Let me know in comments today if you have experienced any of these issues.

Have a great Thursday. And don't let the USPS bite.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

9 comments:

  1. I've noticed a similar drop-off in USPS service over the past few months, with two or three of my outgoing PWEs getting lost, and quite a few others taking a very long time to be delivered. Hopefully this isn't their new standard of service. (Also, does taking angry sips of coffee make it taste different?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel some of your pain. I haven't had any damages yet. Over the past month I have had numerous packages delayed (both incoming and outgoing). As of this current moment I have three PWE trades where my partners have thankfully received their end, but I am still waiting on my end (two trades go back nearly four weeks). I also have several purchases coming from Canada that are taking even longer than normal. There was one package w/tracking that was coming from FL to me in OH. It took a week for it to get to the regional distribution center in Columbus and then another whole week before it got processed through the facility before it made it to my local PO. All these issues are limited to my personal life, I also run the eCommerce dept. of the company I work for and we ship out hundreds of orders every day, many of which go USPS. It has been a nightmare lately selling online because third party marketplaces (Amazon, Ebay, etc) give promise delivery dates to customers based on "normal" delivery times. We have had so many late arriving orders due to USPS being behind. Many customers are understanding of this, but you still have plenty that get angry about circumstances that are beyond our control.

    **takes an angry sip and sighs heavily**

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not alone. I've had each of your bullet points in your opening paragraph happen in the last 7 or 8 months. We had Christmas cards come in around Valentine's Day and plenty of PWE's have just vanished. USPS service is getting worse and they think that a 5 cent price hike for stamps is warranted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few months ago I bought an Ichiro relic card that arrived creased. That kinda sucked, because I'm still looking to find a replacement at the same price. But other than that I haven't had any other issues.

    P.S. Stranger Things is really good. Now that I'm on summer break, I'll probably watch it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually write photos enclosed don't bend on the front & back of any PWE so bold they don't miss it. As well telling Please don't use the machine for these are from the 1800s family photo non-replaceable if its a type VIP trade

    ReplyDelete
  6. The word "inconsistent" comes to mind. Some deliveries are fast as lightning, and some are as slow as molasses in January. I have gotten some where the sender has put "non-machinable" postage on the envelope, and it still goes through the machining sorters. I think we all have some instances where the USPS has been less than desirable. Let's get another cup and sip the anger away. Have an incredible Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a friend who's a big fan of Guided By Voices. He made me a mixtape of their stuff years ago--it's pretty good but I didn't really get into them. I actually have one of Pollard's Goodwin cards as a gift for him next time I see him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. USPS is so desperate for employees at this point that they're pretty much taking anyone and everyone at this point... hence the declining quality of service. I hate to say it but it's only gonna keep getting worse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get bent cards a few times a year when the delivery driver puts envelopes in the mailbox, then shoves a package in which should have been taken to the door

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!