Friday, September 9, 2022

90's On The 9th:1998 Skybox Metal Universe Titanium Curtis Martin

*sits down with coffee in hand and gets ready for a new post on cards over coffee.*

*takes a sip*

Is it really the 9th of September already? Where did August go? Where did the warm days of summer go? It's going to be October 9th soon isn't it?? I am not mentally ready for this yet.

But, since it is the 9th of a new month, we all know what that means, it's time for a new 90's On The 9th. 

What does that mean? It means it's time for me to showcase a new 90's card I have recently picked up. What can this mean for you? I invite you to do the same on your blog and social media as well. Let's make 90's On The 9th a thing.

*takes a sip*

Before I set down today's card, I want you to put down your Goosebumps and set aside your Pepsi Blue so you can pay attention to today's fun card.

Today's card is one I bumped into while window shopping on eBay. It looked shiny, it was really cheap so that fit perfectly for me.
1998 Metal Universe Titanium of Curtis Martin. Unlike the really expensive and rare basketball versions that were printed on acetate, these were printed on cardboard with a rainbow shine.

The card backs have the titanium look as well.

There are 10 cards in the set to collect, which I considered doing but didn't end up doing so, and the cards fell 1:96 packs.

I hope to see some of you post your 90's On The 9th cards!

Thoughts on today's card welcomed in comments.

Have a great Friday!

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

1 comment:

  1. Tbe warm days of summer are stuck in California right now. We're in the midst of a wicket heat wave. Pretty sure on Tuesday, San Jose reached record temperatures. My phone said it was 110 degrees. The only time I've ever experienced that kind of heat is in Vegas.

    P.S. I miss the era of 1:96 packs inserts.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!