Sunday, September 4, 2022

Coffee Break:2021 Panini Limited Football (nice hit!!)

*fall is in the air, or winter with a brisk 39 on the thermometer this morning. sips coffee for warm comfort. *

*takes another sip*

*takes a gulp*

*time for some...sip...sip...cards over coffee*

I didn't get my hands onto a lot of football for 2021 so having the access to do so is exciting. Today I am breaking a box of 2021 Panini Limited which used to be a favorite to open but haven't opened too much the last few years so I am hoping it is still a fun one.

With football season starting this week, let's rip this box and hope for the best!

*takes a sip, realizes coffee is almost gone. gets up and brews the next cup*

Every box of Panini Limited football comes with 3 packs of 5 cards each. You will find 2 autographs and 1 memorabilia card per box. Boxes run roughly $485.

*takes a sip, begins to rip*

BASE:
There are 100 base cards in the set to collect featuring all veterans.

PARALLELS:
You can find the following base cards parallels for Limited,
Silver /149, Gold /75, Ruby /49, Holographic /23, Amethyst /15, Emerald /10, Sapphire 1/1, and Printing Plates 1/1.

I pulled a gold, you can tell by the gold/rainbow foil on the card details. These are numbered to 75. Also, do you feel bad for Sam Darnold getting ditched again from a starting job or just think that he can't be a starting QB?

INSERTS:
There are only two insert sets to find in Limited. One is 2000 Limited Tribute Veterans and the other is 2000 Limited Tribute Rookies which is what I pulled.
Here is a Greg Rousseau. I like the throwback cards.

HITS:

My first hit is of former Eagle now Viking WR Jalen Reagor. This features a nice Patch piece.

My second hit was a Cole Kmet autograph. If you can call this an autograph.

 
And my final hit was a whopper! Trey Lance rookie patch autograph!! This is why there are no base card rookies, all rookies look like this in the set.

I think I need to find myself a Toney like that Lance.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
This was a quick break with only 15 cards involved, but the Lance was a nice find. It was the card that saved this break, but still, the high prices on these boxes still didn't bring back the full value of the break.

But, from what I have seen online, there are some really cool hits to pull in here so maybe other breaks will bring back the value.

Ratings (ratings based on 1-5 🍵 and on a per box basis. not for overall product)

Design 🍵🍵
Photography 🍵
Inserts: 🍵🍵
Hits 🍵🍵🍵
Price 🍵
Value 🍵🍵 (and a half cup)

Your thoughts on this product welcomed in comments!

*takes one final sip*

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

2 comments:

  1. Yeah the Lance saved the box, but at least for that price point all the hits are numbered. Wish they had more than two inserts but it's not like the ones they do have are that grand to begin with. Thanks for sharing your break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A. How can I get Panini to send me $485 boxes to review? 🤣

    B. It's sad they use sticker-graphs for such a high-end product. Glad I'm not rich enough to drop $485 on a box of cards, because had I pulled this out of a box... I'd be happy (of course... it's Lance), but annoyed at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!