Monday, March 13, 2023

Glutton For Punishment

If you look up the definition for glutton on Google, it gives you the following definition, "an excessively greedy eater" and "a person who is excessively fond of or always eager for something".

The first part of that definition covers my coffee addiction. I am glutton for coffee (as I say this and chug down a cup)

The second definition of this, covers my glutton for new football cards. Especially the first product of the new year.
 
Sage Hit is always the first to hit the market and pave the way for the new rookie class. So, it's always the first retail product I grab seeing the 3 autographs for $20 and knowing in the long run I will be a glutton for punishment. Those three autographs are always a draw, but I know those three autographs are always the nobodies.

 
The other part that bugs me about the product is that the autographs are always segregated. So, you know that five of these packs are base cards. I would rather have the surprise and the thrill.

But, yet I am a glutton and still buy it.

 
This years base design simple and easy like it usually is. All images are used without college logos on purpose since they no longer have the license to use them.

Next Level is the main subset in the base set.

New to this year is the Jerry Rice insert set. The product also this year has randomly inserted Rice autographs. But, I don't expect to find any in retail products.

 Speaking of the autographs, lets see my punishment.
Jahfari Harvey. Who?
A QB auto!!! Oh wait, Quincy Patterson. Who?

And we finish it up with a WR that is actually a TE autograph. And a terrible signature at that.

I actually got offensive playmakers for once so my punishment wasn't as bad, but, still, there was no CJ Stroud in here nor will there ever be.

Should have I not bought this and invested my money elsewhere including maybe a box of coffee? Most likely. But, will I? Probably not. I will continue to be a glutton for punishment.

Thoughts below on this product.

Have a great Monday!

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!