Friday, February 23, 2024

NCIS

Sits down with coffee, laptop, cards and two warm heat bean bags.

I am sore today from the stent, but that's not going to stop me from putting up a new post. Especially since I am sitting here anyways.

*takes a sip*

With having to rest a lot, my wife and I have been taking advantage of the more "free" time by catching up on some of our favorite TV shows. One of those shows we have watched for the past 20-years.

That show is CBS hit drama, NCIS.

*takes another sip, re-adjusts the bean bags for more heat, gets ready to type more*

We basically had an entire season waiting on DVR to catch up on, because we have been busy, and we were able to binge it all before the new season kicked off after the Super Bowl.

Over the 20-years we have watched the show, we have seen some major cast changes along with some seriously good writing that left us with our jaws dropped at points. 

One thing I have always wanted was to do was add some cards from the show to my collection since it falls under the category for nostalgia. And as we all know, nostalgia is the driving point for my collecting.

The problem was that there isn't a lot of options out there for the cards. The only cards the show offers is from Rittenhouse back in 2012 which is surprising due to it's popularity.

I wanted to find the base set first, but couldn't locate one, so I had to find another avenue to add some cards from the product. 

I noticed that there were also promo cards from the set and found one dirt cheap on eBay that I added to kick off my NCIS collection,
 
The card showcases the original team from the first few seasons. It also features Ducky, David McCallum, who recently passed away. The show did an amazing tribute to him in this week's episode.

Back of the card features product information. I would have loved to had opened a box of it.

The promo card gave me the information that there are autographs and relic cards to be found as well. So, I began some research and found there are 18 autographs and 22 relics in all to chase. Most of the autograph checklist was watered down from the big stars as many of them didn't sign.

However, one of the main cast I was able to land an autographed card of making it my second NCIS card I own. My best one.
 
Rocky Carroll is Director Leon Vance of the NCIS. 

There are a few other autographs I do want from the product, well I mean I would take any and all, but there are four others that I really want. Those are Bob Newhart as Doctor Walter Magnus, Brian Dietzen as Jimmy Palmer, Lauren Holly as Jenny Shepard, and Pauley Perrette as Abby Sciuto.

I would also like to find a base set at some point too and it appears they do character cards as well. Not sure why a base set is so hard to find and why only a couple of the character cards pop up when looking. Rarity at its best?

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I will need to warm up these bean bags soon so while I am at it, might as well pour myself another cup and maybe prep together a couple more posts to cover the weekend. Hope you guys won't mind that!

And while I have your attention, my latest Beckett article was published I would love for you guys to check out and leave a comment on Beckett for. It sounds like to me my writing days for Beckett will soon be done as the articles didn't quite fair well. I guess disappointing news for 2024 is where I am at. This year has stunk.

Beckett does though have four more to publish in the meantime, so enjoy the latest one which tackles 1995 Ultra Gold Medallion football. Read it HERE.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend!

I also wanted to remind you of the Coffee Card Hall Of Fame voting and that it needs you guys to nominate cards in. So far ONLY 2 cards have been nominated!! 

Details on the Coffee Card Hall Of Fame can be found HERE. I may add this to every post from here on out for a reminder as I will forget about this too! Haha!

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

8 comments:

  1. A show I have never watched. Doing some catching up on reading while hoping the Timberwolves can catch up and beat the Bucks. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on having another article published on Beckett's site. Those 1995 Ultra Gold Medallions sure had a lot of gold foil. Good luck on your hunt for NCIS cards. Never watched it, but I know my dad loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love NCIS have been watching it since around the later part of season 1 or beginning of season 2. I was a late starter with it but have been loyal to it ever since. IN the early days I thought if either Abby or Gibbs ever leave the show I won't enjoy the show and might have to stop watching it. Well both of those characters have been gone from the show and I'm still watching the show. It is currently my number one MUST watch show. I even enjoy all the spin-off NCIS series they have had and was really upset when NCIS: New Orleans was cancelled. I even like the latest NCIS: Sydney.
    For my card collection I have all the Promo Cards, the Abby and Gibbs Box Topper cards and an Abby Sketch card done by a card sketch artist so it isn't an official sketch card. https://captkirk42.blogspot.com/search/label/NCIS I haven't searched for the base cards in the set for a while. I would like to get those as a set. In related cards I do have the base set for JAG the mother series that NCIS spun-off of, and a few of the autograph cards from that card series. I haven't blogged about those. Too many things to blog or not blog about and only recently have attempted to get organized enough to gather up cards from the past for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have more than me!

      I was upset about New Orleans as well. That was my second favorite one. I like the original best but the New Orleans one was great. I don't care much for the other ones yet. Haven't watched Sydney yet but heard bad reviews on it. Hawaii didnt' catch my attention and LA had some boring characters lol.

      Delete
  4. Great write-up. My dad got me into NCIS after he watched JAG. He served two years in the Navy and NCIS was his favorite show. I love both NCIS and Criminal Minds but don't have any cards. Only non-sport cards I've collected have been Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do a lot of non sport, but once I found out about these they were must haves.

      I didn't watch a lot of JAG, but heard that was a great show as well.

      Delete
  5. If the show was around in the 90's it for sure would have had several sets out there. Congrats on the Beckett articles; sorry you think your writing is coming to an end.

    Get that Rocky auto into the Hall of Fame!

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!