Monday, February 19, 2024

Presidents' Day

 
When it comes to timing posts with their specific holiday's, I am not usually one that can. Mostly because of laziness, not because I don't have the cards to use to post.

Sometimes it's just not fun to do lots of digging for a post.

I was fortunate this time though that the timing of Presidents' Day and my latest mail day from blog reader Oren, combined for today's offering.

Because today is Presidents' Day and I have some presidential cards to showcase....and some coffee. Well, not showcasing that, I am drinking that.

*takes a sip*

Presidents' Day is about celebrating...well the presidents.

Let's take a look at a time when Topps included presidential cards in their products for inserts. I kind of wished they did it now instead of the throwback inserts from older Topps products. 

Don't tell me you wouldn't want them to either.

All of the cards you are about to see came from my mail day from Oren.

First up, some cards from 2008 Topps Historical Campaign Match-Ups.





This 55-card set showcased the presidents who ran against each other.

2007 Topps Distinguished Service George Bush




2006 Topps Signers Of The Declaration Of Independence.

 
Each of the backs for these cards included an excerpt from the declaration and all turn to a puzzle when the set is complete.

I may have to see if I have any others to that set chase.

Thanks again to Oren for the new presidential cards and helping out my laziness on a holiday like this.

*takes a sip before finishing up this post*

In comments today, let me know if you collect presidential cards or if you want, which president you like the best without getting into the politics of it all. haha.

Happy Presidents Day! Enjoy a cup of coffee.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

6 comments:

  1. I have a few of the 2008 Match-ups. Not my cup of tea (coffee). Avoiding politics as much as possible. Coffee with sweet cream this morning. Hope you are feeling better if possible. Ready for a refill?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I avoid politics other than collecting and posting cards of them

      Delete
  2. I'll have to scoop me up some of those 08" Match Ups. I don't have any and that is ODD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love collecting cards of US Presidents. I think the only one I'll sometimes go out of my way to acquire is Reagan. As a child of the 80's with two parents who really liked the guy... there's a nostalgic appeal to #40.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we need more president inclusions again. Maybe a new first pitch

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!