Monday, February 12, 2024

Cheer Up Mail Days

I can't believe it's almost been a week since I last posted on here, but that's what happens with life sometimes. 

We all know life comes first.

And we all know my life has been rough so far this year.

On Thursday last week for my urology appointment for my kidney stone, I found out my Urologist wasn't going to be available on Friday for surgery as she had the day off. So, I was given a few options including letting it go the weekend and trying to pass it on my own and if I didn't I would have surgery early this week which is the option I took. Sadly though, nothing has passed, which means I am heading into surgery tomorrow morning to get it removed or have a stent put it so they can remove it in another surgery a week or so later.

I have had this procedure done many times and it's not as fun as it sounds. I am absolutely dreading it. Even though they always say the dreading is worse than the doing, I just know how this will go from past experiences.

Ugh.

At least I have my coffee and a strawberry/banana muffin to pair with it along with some cards to post about to keep me distracted until then.

So, let's do some Cards Over Coffee.

*takes a sip, bite of muffin*

I actually didn't have any cards for today's post originally when I was forming it, but then on Thursday after I got home from my appointment, I found two surprises in my mailbox that instantly brought a smile to my face.

First one, is a mail day from Grady M who has been a long-time reader of all of my blogs. At first glance this looks like four blaster boxes, but it's better than that. Grady has shipped me all of his shiny inserts along with any team player cards to me for years and packs them safely this way for shipping. It's like opening up a treasure trove of fun. I haven't fully dug through it all yet, but I plan to when I am resting from surgery and will post some cards along the way.

When time permits.

My second mail day was from the generous Dennis from Too Many Verlanders Blog who surprised me with a bubbler of goodies. I will not be showing off all of the cards here, as most were NY Giants and those get posted on Big Blue Cardboard (make sure you are following that blog and have it on your blogroll) but I will show off some here.
A new Jasson Dominguez for the PC. I am still looking for more and can't wait to get some 2024 rookie cards instead of five years of prospects.

 
My boy Junior! I recently announced how I am deep diving back into adding Griffey's again and hope to come up with a PC number at some point of how many I have.

The final card from the portion I am showing on here I was extremely giddy for.
 
Ruben Rivera Circa Rave parallel /150. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEE IT. There is nothing greater than late 90's inserts and parallels. NOTHING.

Thanks again Grady and Dennis for cheering me up. You guys are some great friends and I really needed this.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I am not sure when I will feel up to posting again. All depends on how tomorrow goes but I am hoping it will be sooner rather than later.

I hope all of you have a magnificent Monday and not a manic one.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

13 comments:

  1. Going out to the mailbox and finding cards in there is the highlight of my day. Get well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card connections and going through them would be fun. Keeping up with positive things helps the not so positive things to be not so bad. Continued prayers for your health conditions as you go forward. I haven't said this for a while. "Coffee Up?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers! Always appreciated

      Delete
  3. Best wishes on the surgery tomorrow! And I never even considered doing anything with the Rivera Rave other than sending it to my fellow 90s inserts bro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for thinking of me with that! Forgot to point out its a double bonus being a Yankee but I would truly take any!

      Delete
  4. Hope the surgery went smoothly. That strawberry-banana muffin sounds interesting. It's almost my bedtime... but I'd totally be down for one of those right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wished i had another one of those for this morning!

      Delete
  5. Get well wishes are on the way!

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!