Thursday, June 23, 2022

Health And Cards

*sits down and takes a sip. it's time for another new Cards Over Coffee post*

It's been awhile since I have updated my health status on here and since I recently had a Dr's appointment with all of the bloodwork, I have all of the updates.

I am happy to report that my A1C stayed out of diabetic range at 5.8, it's still on the higher end of the lows, but it's a working progress. My liver numbers look the best they have in years for my fatty liver disease and all of the other bloodwork was in normal range. Woo ha! My weight loss has been maintained at 18.5 pounds as well. I can't seem to lose that extra 1.5 I have been trying to lose to make my 20 pound loss, but as long as I maintain and my other numbers look good, I am okay with that.

Though I won't stop giving up.

*takes a happy little sip*

Just because I am maintaining and trying to lose the weight still, doesn't mean I can't treat myself to a fun breakfast occasionally as a reward. What fun is working hard if you can't? 

This blog has been known to show off treats and it has been a while since I have shown one-because I have kept my distance from them-I figured it was time to show one off I tried recently. If you are into coffee cakes at all and don't have the time or funds to run to a bakery or make one yourself, the best premade boxed ones I have tried came from Hostess.



I may or may not be rewarding myself this morning with one.

Eating something not-so-healthy for breakfast is better as you have the day to wear it off and with my 20K steps a day on Fitbit it doesn't take me much to do so. These also only have 170 calories so it's not like I am really killing it with one.

*takes a bite...mmmm that is good*

*takes a sip and gets back to today's post*

Since this is not only a snack and coffee blog, I have some cards to show off as well.

My recent trade with @Mackdogking55 hauled me in some new Marvel and DC stuff.
I have always wanted one of these 1994 Marvel Masterpieces Silver Holofoils since they look cool and now I finally have one. Though I really wanted the Carnage, Venom and Spiderman the most from the set.

I am not quite sure what the next cards are, but I saw Batman and that's all I needed.



And this one was shiny which made it even better.

Thanks again to Mackdog for another fun trade.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

As you can see, it has been rewarding for me to do this weight loss journey as my health has improved. However, despite working out on a treadmill religiously every day, I don't feel I am in any better shape. Guess that what creeping up on my 40s must be like.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday. Let me know in comments your favorite card from today's post and your favorite coffee cake.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the good health! My BP has been a bit high lately so I need to start doing better myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cards, coffee, coffee cakes and walking for health reasons? I'm with you on all of these. Cheering for you on the weight loss. Weight has been a struggle for me since the day I was born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It's not an easy battle but its worth it once the step has been taken to do so

      Delete
  3. That Joker cards is really cool. I like the artwork. As for the Marvel Masterpieces Silver Holofoil set, I reviewed it eleven years ago on my blog:

    https://sanjosefuji.blogspot.com/2011/10/set-showcase-15-1994-marvel.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check it out. Any dupes you wanna trade?

      Delete
  4. I don't drink coffee but love coffee cakes. cool Batman cards. probably from a game is my guess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't drink coffee??? How do you survive your trips lol

      Delete
  5. Those Marvel Masterpieces bring back good memories. Congrats on the improved health!

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!