Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Let's Get It Right This Time

*sits down excitedly with an envelope from the NY Giants. takes a sip, opens it up again, and gets ready for a new Cards Over Coffee post* 


IT HAS ARRIVED!!!

Back in January after the NY Giants hired their next head football coach, I jumped on sending him a TTM (through the mail) autograph request like I had with the previous two coaches. Unlike the past two coaches who returned my request within a month, I waited months on this return wondering if it would actually arrive or not.

Which was okay with me as I know he has lot of other stuff to focus on, especially with this team and roster. That comes first for him and for me even.

I had actually given up all hope on getting a return on it since it had been months, but out of the blue (see what I did there)  came an envelope addressed from the NY Giants. I had a good feeling about it.

 

Here it is! Autograph of new Giants head coach Brian Daboll and it's even inscribed to me! He will be framed on my wall to replace previous autographs I got from coaches Joe Judge and Pat Shurmur.

I think the photo captures him and his personality I have seen so far. Let's just hope he can take this team in the right direction. As much as I like collecting autographs from the Giants, it can get a little tiring sending for a new coach one every two years after seeing losing results.

Thanks again to Brian Daboll for taking time out for a big Giants fan.

Thoughts on my latest autograph add and if you ever sent out requests for head coaches or managers.

Have a terrific Tuesday.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

3 comments:

  1. That's really awesome that he not only got back to you, but did the inscription too. Great addition to your collection for sure. I've always wanted to do ttm, especially because it would be a fun way to make use my huge stack of doubles, but I'm not entirely sure how to go about it. The only time I really ever did so occurred when I was a kid. Each year at the scholastic book fair I'd get a copy of "Free stuff for kids" and with it I scored autographs of Muddy, the Toldedo Hens mascot, and Wool E. Bull of the Durham Bulls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Cool tradition. I'm pretty sure I've only sent one TTM (Dal Maxvill) and it came back. He might have coached or managed, but I sent a request for my A's & birthday PC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big congratulations to you! I've never done TTM autos but have gotten a few in-person.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!