Thursday, March 21, 2024

Oren's Birthday Surprise

If you are ever wonder what I look like when my coffee mug is empty, just refer to this card. That's my face staring into the empty bottom of the mug.

And this is me when the refill is out of reach.

Luckily for you guys today, I am in neither situation and instead you get some coffee, cards and fun.

*takes a sip*

These two cards come along with many others thanks to a birthday gift from long time reader and friend, Oren. These are two from a small pile of Lord Of The Ring cards he sent in the bubbler along with...

This one. I have no idea what this card is, but it's cool and becomes the oldest card in my non-sports PC.

Mikaela Shiffrin! Metal Universe from Upper Deck doesn't get enough hobby love, but that's okay, I appreciate it and it's well crafted inserts.

Not sure if Oren knew this or not, but I have been chasing this 1998 set for a while now. He sent two base and then this red parallel.

Upper Deck Spider-Man No Way Home! This set just released recently. I really want to open some, in the meantime, these base cards will do!

This is my first Andrew Garfield Spider-Man card.
Is there anything wrong with adding more Marisa Tomei cards....nope!

Zendaya!

\
A stack of Golden Age, maybe I can fill my set now.


Two unopened packs...that I will be opening. Since I retired Sport Card Collectors, I am planning to carry over some of the segments from there to here including Throwpack Thursday.

Jimmy Pardo relic. Not anyone in particular I know, but I still like having non-sport relics regardless.

I don't know what this Graham Bell relic is, but it's cool.

I am starting to think that companies like Pieces Of The Past and Leaf are making better products then the big companies. If only licenses could be shared like the old days. 

I know, it's probably a sin to post Giants cards on here since I promised to only post those on Big Blue Cardboard, but this times an exception because it's one mail day. Quincy Roche was an autograph need for me so glad I can cross it off.

Is Oren trying to tell me I need to start up a Ron Dayne PC....second new autograph add of his. I have never seen this autograph card before, I like it.

Darius Slayton is underrated. He is a spectacular speedster of a Wide Receiver who just needs a quarterback.

Giants draft one.

And the final card.....
Holy Smokes! A Saquon Barkley rookie numbered parallel!!!! This will go great with my base and the red,white, blue one I have. It's just too bad of his choice of team in free agency. I will enjoy my cards of him in Giants blue, but hate him at the same time. I will be rooting against him this season.

Thanks again to Oren for the birthday gift! I really appreciate you and the encouraging note you sent along as well.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I had a quiet birthday as expected, but this package brought some excitement to it. It was all the party I needed.

Now I just need more coffee and maybe some breakfast.

Before I close, I also wanted to remind you of the Coffee Card Hall Of Fame voting and that it needs you guys to nominate cards in. So far, ONLY 3 cards have been nominated!!

Details on the Coffee Card Hall Of Fame can be found HERE. I may add this to every post from here on out for a reminder as I will forget about this too! Haha!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

9 comments:

  1. Nice cards! Happy Thursday as I reply with an empty cup and ready to eat pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never too late to start that Ron Dayne PC. Didn't know you were chasing that 1998 contenders set, I just saw 90s inserts and went for it lol. Glad it helps you make a dent in the set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been a big help with some of my set chases!

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday! I'll nominate the Marisa Tomei card. Didn't realize she had any trading cards... but now that she's on the radar... I'm on the hunt.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!