Sunday, March 3, 2024

The Shoebox Delivers Part 5

My first post of March begins on Day 3 of the month.

It has been a busy week overall and one that was a bit rough for me as well. When hasn't 2024 been rough for me? I ended up with a nasty head cold Wednesday night which carried over to Thursday where it completely knocked me out and I was in bed by 8:30. Friday, I spent 80% of the day in bed with Kidney stent pain followed by another round of kidney stent pain on Saturday.

I am hoping for a better day today.

Guess it all starts with my coffee.

*takes a sip*

Today, I am finally finishing up posting about the shoebox trade with my father. I was going to drag this out a little longer, but I have nothing else to post about as I had no card mail days incoming recently.  I could post the bills I got as there was plenty of those, but I wouldn't want you to be as depressed as I am about it.

So, before I continue with today's finale, if you missed the previous parts of this series, you can check them out here:
Part 2, which you can see HERE.
And Part 3 which is HERE.
And Part 4 you can read HERE.

Now onto the cards.

This is a set I was considering chasing, now with the toughest player on the checklist acquired in Jerry Rice, I may have to make this a reality. Really cool design.







 A ton of 1994 Action Packed Warp Speed. There was 7 of the 12 cards in the set found in the box. And before you ask, yes I already had this Rodney Hampton.


Next, I found these Golden Domers subset cards of Rick Mirer. However, what I can't figure out is that one has a shine to it. I don't see a parallel noted for it. If any of you have info, please comment with it. I think it's a pretty cool looking one.

Up next, autograph cards! This was completely unexpected. This is why I questioned if my father even looked through this box before trading it to me.



Not a lot of big names to start out with.

Not too often you find a Basketball Hall Of Famer autograph tucked into the bottom of a shoebox. He was also a former Knick so that's cool as well.

And then Jake the Snake Plummer autograph who also happens to be a side PC player for me. I will never forget when he led the Cardinals to the playoff upset of the Cowboys which I loved every minute of.

I would say in the end I made out pretty well in this trade. It was like the cardboard Gods were blessing me for once.

If you are reading this dad, thanks again for the trade.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

There were a couple things I didn't mention in my opener. One, I went to see a surgeon on Wednesday before I fell sick with the head cold to discuss options with the hernia, they discovered on my catscan when they gave me one for the kidney stone. Apparently, the surgeon looked at a past catscan from a previous kidney stone in 2020 and saw the hernia then but it has grown bigger over time. Most likely another needed surgery this year that will knock me out for four weeks. UGH. But it will be completely up to me though if I want it done. Knowing that it has been growing, it probably should be taken care of sooner rather than later.

Second thing, I called my urologist on Friday since I was dying in pain, and she wasn't available. The nurse took notes and info from me. I should hear back on Monday if there is anything they can do for me sooner. Prayers on that. I need this stent out as I don't want to wait another three weeks.

I hope this week goes better, hope all of you have a great week as well. 

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

8 comments:

  1. Some really cool stuff here. Maybe the Mirer is a promo card? Sorry to hear that you're in a lot of pain. Hope they remove that stent sooner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be. The shiny part is different

      Delete
  2. Nice trade for sure. Continued prayers for your pain relief and for your decision on the hernia. I would say sooner the better for both if it was me. Keep on the positives including coffee. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I am thinking but I will definitely need a small break to focus back on me for a little while

      Delete
  3. Sorry to read about the pain! More prayers here. I read often and seldom comment...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had a great year health-wise either, but it sure sounds like you've got me beat. Probably not an award that you'd like to have though. I don't think I have very much clout, if any, with the power(s) that be, but I sure hope things start improving for you. As for the doctor not being in when you needed her, isn't that just like modern doctors? Never around when you need them, or if they are, never help as quickly as folks need them to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly
      Doctors used to be better. Seems after covid things got worse and can't rely on any of them.

      Appreciate the positive vibes. I hope things get better for you as well and I will send prayers your way.

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!