Thursday, September 14, 2023

Coffee With John Ratzenberger

*coffee is hot, laptop is open, takes a sip then begins to type*

*i guess typing has happened the whole time, but you get it*

It has been too long since I last added a non-sport autograph to my collection. Today's addition isn't a household name to many, but it's one I know.

For those of you who have heard the name John Ratzenberger, you probably know him best as Cliff Clavin who was the mail carrier on the hit comedy Cheers. I didn't watch a lot of Cheers, if any, so I know him best for his voice acting in over 20 Pixar films.

Another one of those voices of my childhood.

John voice Hamm from Toy Story to Mack The Truck in Cars to the Yeti in Monsters Incorporated. It's a recognizable voice across all of the Pixar films. There were even a few jokes in a couple of the movies about it.

 
The back of the card tells us about his advocating for skilled trades and keeping it Made In America. Something I would support as well.

This marks my second sought after voice actor autograph on my list of roughly five. I still need to chase down the others.

Let me know your favorite role by John in comments.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

3 comments:

  1. I know his name and voice from Toy Story. It plays at our house off and on. Movies have a tendency to play for a week solid and then not again for a few months. It's all good! Coffee also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was also in the original Star Wars as a background character, as well as one of the greatest Super Bowl commercials ever (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUCHy5y23nI)

    ReplyDelete
  3. John will always be the mail carrier on Cheers. One of my favorite shows from my childhood.

    ReplyDelete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!