Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Inspired By A Post

*takes a sip, thinks about the past 11 years*

*takes another sip, gets ready for today's post*

Some days I really want to blog more, but on those days, I come into writer's block and can't come up with anything creative enough worthy to post.

On other days though, I dig deep and find a post. Today's post I came into some inspiration after reading Night Owl Cards post on his blog's anniversary. 

In that post, he mentioned how his blog had served him well with examples over the years and I found it very fascinating in correlation to myself and my blogging. So, I sat down and thought how well my blog(s) have served me over the years and in today's post, I wanted to discuss it. 

*takes another sip, well, gulp and may need more coffee before this post is over with.*

First off and most importantly, I have made so many friends through blogging. Fellow bloggers, readers, followers and Twitter which has gained me many friends I don't have in real life. But it all started with blogs.

Secondly, blogging opened up a ton of opportunities for me in the hobby. I got to review products and do giveaways for companies such as Topps, BCW Supplies, Cryptozoic, Parkside, Onyx, and Panini. Which also got me a door to message/email some of the big names in the hobby and have discussions with them. I was also a part of a program called Upper Deck Volunteer Alliance where a small group of us did missions to earn FREE products and merchandise. 

Third, writing on my blogs, especially this one, has given me more opportunities to write for other companies. I have articles published on BCW supplies website, Bags Unlimited and Beckett. These were all things I never thought I would ever do in my lifetime nor have the opportunity to, but it was because of my blogs.

Fourth, I have added cards and been able to complete sets all because of blogging I never thought I would be able to. It's amazing the generosity that is out there and I appreciate it so much.

Fifth, I have been able to give cards away as well. It makes me happy to do so and find homes for cards that belong to others and not on my desk or hidden in a box. Blogging has connected me with those homes.

Lastly, blogging brought me probably the brightest moment and achievement in my life, well besides marrying my wife. I have to put that in here too, nobody wants to sleep on the couch (not sure if she reads any of my cardboard gibberish anyways but better safe than sorry). In 2017, I won the Best Sports Collecting Blog Award from GoGTS and Fatpacks Podcast as voted on by fans. In a world where I always feel like an underdog, I finally pulled off the major upset and won this award on livestream. When they announced who the winner was, you could see the shock on the announcers faces and the disappointment that who they wanted to win, didn't. I honestly celebrated like it was the Super Bowl....with coffee of course. 

These are just some of the great things blogging has done for me.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

As I wrote this post today, well it's actually been a four day draft I keep adding to, I am still amazed by some of the stuff I listed above. Blown away almost. 

And none of this would have been possible without you guys. Thank you.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. Pour yourself an extra cup, you have earned it.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 11 years! You encompass two of my favorite things, cards and coffee! I just read another blog that was celebrating 8 years. I wrote for a racing newspaper for 8 years, so I get the writers' block thing. Sometimes I wrote in the early AM so I could meet the Noon deadline. Writers' block with a looming deadline is not fun! Ready for another cup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writers block with coffee doesn't even help. I will push through and hopefully come up with more posts.

      Delete
  2. Glad you've continued to write even after your multiple breaks. It's always a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We appreciate you, and hoping that you'll keep on blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 11 years I have enjoyed reading about what to have if I were a coffee drinker here's to many more years

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just poured my first cup of coffee... and this is the first blog post I've read in several days. Congratulations on 11 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the 11 years is on Sport Card Collectors not here. Annivesaries for both aren't here yet. Maybe I should have re-read it first.

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!