Monday, September 18, 2023

Call It A Comeback

*takes a sip, grabs stack of cards to discuss about today, gets ready for a new post on cards over coffee*

*smells toaster, remembers bagel is toasting, gets up, gets bagel, butters said bagel, takes a bite, returns to seat, dries hands on nearby napkin to get rid of any butter, takes a sip, gets ready for a new post*

I don't do it too often, but I was about to risk my cup of coffee and toss it at my TV yesterday as the NY Giants approached halftime being down 20-0 to an Arizona Cardinals team that is "ranked" as the worst teams in the NFL. Everything the Cardinals did against the Giants in the first half worked on offense and defense and it appeared my favorite team in blue was heading down an 0-2 start and facing one of the NFL's best teams in San Francisco on Thursday. 

0-3 was right around the corner.

However, the story changed in the second half. The Giants had life in them, and I am not sure what Coach Daboll said to them at halftime, but I wished he gave that speech to me on my worst days because apparently, he can make the darkest moments bright.

In the second half, the Giants scored 31 points to Arizona's 7 and won the game on a field goal with less than a minute left after trailing 28-7 at one point in the half.

The 21-point comeback by the Giants is one of the biggest in team history and hopefully can be the turning point for their season.
 
The comeback mainly fell on the arm of Daniel Jones, but Saquon Barkley had his moments as well and proved why the Gmen gave him a big one-year deal. The only down part was late in the game when the Giants were running down the clock, Saquon's ankle got crushed squished and is being called a sprain even though it looked worse than that. How bad that sprain is or how long he will be out for, time will tell. 

All I know is, they are going to need him.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

The Giants sit at 1-1 after two games, it's the pace I predicted them at so far. I am hoping they can figure out a few things both on offense and defense and use this game as some momentum heading to San Fran on Thursday.

And hopefully I won't have to think about throwing my mug full of coffee at the TV again.

*takes a final sip and bite of bagel*

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

4 comments:

  1. Another good thing was that my Vikings didn't lose yesterday (because they didn't play yesterday). 0-2 so far. Coffee is still good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Giants are continuing to struggle. Going to be a long season.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the big win. I'll be rooting for your team on Thursday... but the Niners look good. Real good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but niners looked so good. Will be a tough team to beat

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!