Tuesday, September 5, 2023

The Martian Has Landed

*sits down, has coffee in hand and a stack of cards. takes a sip, is ready for the latest cards over coffee post*
I am not sure how many of you were watching the skies a few days ago, but if you missed it, a UFO was spotted over Yankee Stadium and a Martian was left behind.

A Martian that can truly hit a baseball and it wasn't just talk all of these years.

Jasson Dominguez came out swinging in New York hitting a homerun in his first at bat, which is about the only thing exciting about this season for the Yankees. The future is bright in the city though.

Even though his numbers aren't complete fire yet, hitting .231 average with two homeruns, I think it was the right time to call up the kid and get his MLB career underway.

Even though I don't collect a lot of baseball anymore, just 90's inserts, Ken Griffey Jr, Aaron Judge, Derek Jeter and a few specific cards that catch my eye, I have been collecting Jasson Dominguez some since his first Bowman came out.

I thought to celebrate his MLB debut, I would show off some of my favorite cards from my collection of him...with coffee of course.

Yes, it's Panini card, but it's purty isn't it?

1st Bowman

1st Bowman Chrome Mojo (it's a nice looking card and I gave up Texas Rangers to acquire it so was all gain for me)

Once again, I know it's Panini, but I like the design of this one with the throwback to Donruss and the pinstripe relic.

Prospect Relic from Elite.

Upper Deck Goodwin included Dominguez in their product one year with autographs, base, parallels and relics like this one.

As soon as I saw this one a couple of years ago for trade, I jumped on it. This may be my favorite card of Dominguez I own.

 
If it wasn't for this one. This one has to be the favorite one right?

I have others that could have made the list, but I focused on the top ones. I have roughly 25 cards in my Dominguez collection which isn't big to anyone else, but I think it's a good one.

I just hope he keeps on hitting.

*takes a sip before finishing up today's post*

I haven't watched much Yankee baseball this year, but I hope they put a game on so I can see Dominguez swing at least once this year.

Thoughts on my collection, Dominguez, your collection of him, any other prospect you are excited about welcomed in comments.

I hope you enjoy your cup of coffee this morning and this post.

*Coffee Card Blogger Out*

4 comments:

  1. That is quite a collection you have there. I have a few cards of Royce Lewis, a future star for the Twins who I have followed most of my 60 years on the planet. He just set a record for Grand Slams. I don't have any of his relic cards. I have very few in my collection of anybody. Cheers to coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lewis is finally coming on! The future is bright for the Twins!

      Delete
  2. I don't know much about Dominguez, but might start looking into his cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Even though now he is hurt for a long time!

      Delete

Cards and coffee go together like PB&J, so don't you and leaving a comment below. Take a sip and let me know your thoughts!